Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Impala (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/impala-14/)
-   -   Disabled Starter, Service Throttle (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/impala-14/disabled-starter-service-throttle-64905/)

thedash09 April 14th, 2014 7:22 PM

Disabled Starter, Service Throttle

I was driving home from work and all of a sudden my 2009 Impala displayed a message on the HUD "Disabled Starter Service Throttle" or similar. The Check engine light was on and there was also a message recommending to service traction control. Does anyone have any insight? I don't believe I am under warranty and I am not that familiar with car repairs.

Somethings that may affect this problem, I had my battery die on me about 3 weeks ago but it has been working fine since. My tpms sensors are non functioning, the guys who replaced my tires broke them or they wore out. They were not working correct after I had replaced my tires about a year ago.

thedash09@yahoo.com

Chevrolet Customer Service April 16th, 2014 11:57 AM

Hello Dash,

I am sorry to hear you are having this concern with your Impala. I would like to look into this further with your Chevrolet dealership. I can certainly review your current warranty status as well. Please private message me your name, VIN, phone number, and dealership name. Hope to hear from you soon.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Care

Robin L. Scott December 25th, 2016 11:49 PM

Disabled Starter,service throttle

I am having the same issues as the others with the vehicle a 2010 Impala dying on the interstate and the service throttle warning coming on before hand. I would like to know if there is a recall on this or what the problem may be.

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service (Post 273904)
Hello Dash,

I am sorry to hear you are having this concern with your Impala. I would like to look into this further with your Chevrolet dealership. I can certainly review your current warranty status as well. Please private message me your name, VIN, phone number, and dealership name. Hope to hear from you soon.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Care

Chevrolet Customer Service December 27th, 2016 7:38 AM

Originally Posted by Robin L. Scott (Post 331306)
I am having the same issues as the others with the vehicle a 2010 Impala dying on the interstate and the service throttle warning coming on before hand. I would like to know if there is a recall on this or what the problem may be.

Hello Robin,

We're very sorry to hear about these shut down concerns you're experiencing with your Impala, as this is certainly not something we like to hear. We would welcome the opportunity to look into this further for you. At your earliest convenience, please send us a private message with your VIN to proceed.

Sincerely,

Chelsea D.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Jodi Potter July 16th, 2017 3:28 PM

I am having the same problem with my 2007 chevy impala coming home from work my
Car said starter disabled service throttle. If this is a recall what do I do because this is VERY UNSAFE. Especially if Chevrolet is aware of this promblem. Or should I get a lawyer.

RajAlfo August 16th, 2017 6:22 PM

I am having the same problem. My 2009 impala turned itself off while i was at an African safari with my wife & my 15 month baby. Message said 'Starting Disabled, Service throttle' 'Reduced engine power' 'Service traction'. The car was started just 30 minutes before, from the parking lot. It was busy & we were in line for about 30 minutes before the engine turned it self off. I was able to start it after about 5 minutes. Driving back home was scary on the freeway. The check engine light was 'on' till i got home. After a few restarts the 'check engine' light is off now. What should i do? Wait till the light comes back on? Then take it to a dealership?

therewolf August 17th, 2017 2:19 PM

Sounds like a faulty TPS (Throttle Position Sensor) or CPS
(Crankshaft Position Sensor). As a first step, I would consider
checking your OBD (on-board diagnostics)with a scan tool.

Some parts stores offer this service free, but these days a good
scan tool, which will give you years of service, and are a
universal (OBDII) fit for all cars cost less than 1 visit to a
dealership.

Jonathan burnette July 16th, 2018 1:29 PM

I just had the same experience as everyone else with my impala. If there is a recall or something please let me know cause I definitely cant have that scare with morning rush hour traffic.

Galaxy 123 March 15th, 2019 6:07 AM

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service (Post 273904)
Hello Dash,

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Care

I have a 2011 impala and had the same thing happen to me. Cause water gets in the front wheel sensors wiring and over time breaks the wiring insulation down causing the sensor to short out. Replace front wheel sensor wiring.

Build Everything October 18th, 2019 7:27 AM

2013 impala flex fuel

I have a 2012 impala 3.6 flex fuel. I had a my car start misfire and go into reduced engine power. Thne shut off say starter disabled service throttle. Anyone help me please.