Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

engine hot ac off

Old June 22nd, 2018, 6:38 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by snediaz
EinST....what in the heck are you talking about? Have you googled "Engine Hot AC Off" and seen the thousands of postings about this issue. Do you think everyone of us have a short in the ECTS circuit? I'm not trying to sound rude but I have this problem with my 2010 Chevrolet Impala and it costs me $80 to have the dealership reset the codes on the dang car. They couldn't find any issues with the car so the fix was to reset the codes. Now...here's the million dollar question...how can the vehicle owner reset the codes without having to pay the dealership $80 a pop?
​​​​​​

Just disconnect the battery for a few minutes and reconnect it, start, if code instantly comes back it's a hard fault
Old October 14th, 2019, 9:51 AM
CF Beginner

At least one cause of the issue (False temp indication, AC turned off and Temp Gauge shutdown) has been detected and solved in this youtube video. As one would expect from logical diagnosis of a computer generated error message when nothing mechanical was wrong, it was a result of sensor / relay system issue. The connector harness wire on the temp sensor being cracked and dry, in this case, from excesseive heat, causing a resitance increase and faulty computer module indications (Code PO128 - not warming properly and the computer controls defaulting to overheat warning). Once the damaged wiring was replaced, the problem resolved. He notes he errantly replaced the thermostat first and that did not solve.
Old November 9th, 2019, 10:29 AM
CF Beginner

Default What can I do to fix my car?

Originally Posted by mikeye
on dash where the odometer is this popped up engine hot ac off. the temp guage reads cold and stays on cold. the engine fan is running. whats going on?
Please tell me what can be wrong so I can get it fixed.
Old November 9th, 2019, 11:03 AM
Super Moderator

Received 610 Likes on 551 Posts

Did you read the post before yours?
Old November 21st, 2020, 7:10 AM
CF Beginner

Hello. I have a 2013 Silverado 1500 wt. It`s having the same problem with hot engine AC turned off. Temp gauge stops working and after a while service light comes on. If I remove neg battery cable problem goes away, but comes back. Seems like many people are having this problem. Has anyone ever found the fix for this?
Old November 21st, 2020, 7:39 AM
CF Beginner

Default Going crazy.

I have a 2013 Chevy Silverado 1500 WT. I`m having the same problem with this Hot Engine AC off message. While I`m driving Temp Gauge goes full left and message appears on dash. Fans come on. Engine is NOT hot and heat works fine. If I remove negative battery cable for a minute, then install it problem goes away. Comes back with no special time. Has anyone found the fix?? Please.
Old July 2nd, 2021, 5:50 AM
CF Beginner

Default Rocket Science

Originally Posted by EinST
That's a big negative on "could probably go back and forth on this for quite awhile." However, I do take exception to insinuations and conclusions not backed by logic. You say you are "just amazed at the amount of postings" but you can't possible know how anyone has "this same issue," from the same root cause, nor can you give recommendations based on your sample quantity one. Come to think, I can't even know if you even have an issue. All I can do is patiently try to help you make sense in your specific case. It really isn't rocket science nor voodoo.
I am having the same issue as well. Just curious about something. Are you a rocket scientist? If not, then how can you say it's not rocket science if you aren't a rocket scientist? Maybe it is Rocket Science because of all the people who are having this problem, only a person who seems to think its not rocket science seems to think the problem that everyone is having is a short circuit. Do you know what caused the Space Shuttle Challenger to explode? A piece of foam amongst other things. That was rocket science so maybe all of our issues is rocket science.
Old July 2nd, 2021, 5:52 AM
CF Beginner

Default Rocket Science

Originally Posted by EinST
That's a big negative on "could probably go back and forth on this for quite awhile." However, I do take exception to insinuations and conclusions not backed by logic. You say you are "just amazed at the amount of postings" but you can't possible know how anyone has "this same issue," from the same root cause, nor can you give recommendations based on your sample quantity one. Come to think, I can't even know if you even have an issue. All I can do is patiently try to help you make sense in your specific case. It really isn't rocket science nor voodoo.
I am having the same issue as well. Just curious about something. Are you a rocket scientist? If not, then how can you say it's not rocket science if you aren't a rocket scientist? Maybe it is Rocket Science because of all the people who are having this problem, only a person who seems to think its not rocket science seems to think the problem that everyone is having is a short circuit. Do you know what caused the Space Shuttle Columbia to explode? A piece of foam amongst other things. That was rocket science so maybe all of our issues is rocket science.
Old July 2nd, 2021, 10:17 AM
CF Beginner

Default engine hot no AC

Since my last post 7 months ago I`ve had this problem twice. I carry a 10MM wrench in my glove box. When remove neg. Battery cable for 30 seconds and reinstall, problem goes away for months at a time. there`s no telltale signs when it happens and the truck is already at temp when it does. I have a new T-stat, temp sensor and pig tail connector on standby. Just too lazy to install. Will post again when I do with results. It`s hard to understand how a defective part part can self repair. Still scratching my head.
Old July 3rd, 2021, 6:41 AM
wgf
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lisa Baliban
Since my last post 7 months ago I`ve had this problem twice. I carry a 10MM wrench in my glove box. When remove neg. Battery cable for 30 seconds and reinstall, problem goes away for months at a time. there`s no telltale signs when it happens and the truck is already at temp when it does. I have a new T-stat, temp sensor and pig tail connector on standby. Just too lazy to install. Will post again when I do with results. It`s hard to understand how a defective part part can self repair. Still scratching my head.

hi Lisa,
removing the battery cable simply clears all the error codes in the engine control module.
the problem doesn’t go away. You’re just cleaning the slate so it can try to “find” the phantom error all over again. Sort of like Groundhog Day..
Which error codes were you getting?
if you can address those errors, the absurd warning on the dash may really go away.

good luck,
bill

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: engine hot ac off