Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Impala (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/impala-14/)
-   -   Finally a cheap passlock fix! (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/impala-14/finally-cheap-passlock-fix-21877/)

CARGIRL84 March 15th, 2023 8:38 PM

2003 chevy impala 3.6L passlock help please

Originally Posted by mobileinstaller (Post 133910)
ok first off changing the ignition switch and tumblers will do absolutely nothing sorry if you have already done this. there are three main components to the passlock II system the passlock sensor, the BCM, and the Ecm and of course the wiring in between. Odds are if this keeps happening and there is no other problems such as door locks freaking out trunk release just goin off then it's not the bcm if you do the relearn feature and it works the it is also not the Ecm. so you are left with the 3 wires that run from the bcm to the passlock sensor.odds are the passlock sensor is bad. now there are two solutions either go to the dealer and have the sensor replaced or bypass the system for good. any respectable mobile electonics installer should be able to do this no problem it takes me about 20 mins and i personally charge 40 dollars to do so hope this helps also if you are mechanically inclined in electronics i can send a diagram on how to bypass it yourself hope this all helps

2003 chevy impala 3.6L Passlock ingaged every time I try to start it!

Please help. Just bought car. Previous owner said nothing about the passlock problem and now that im home with it i cant seem to start it without it going haywire. I am pretty mechanically inclined and can follow directions. If there is any help for me with this... please send me some info on what to do.

BiggerNate April 20th, 2023 6:37 PM

ok first off changing the ignition switch and tumblers will do absolutely nothing sorry if you have already done this. there are three main components to the passlock II system the passlock sensor, the BCM, and the Ecm and of course the wiring in between. Odds are if this keeps happening and there is no other problems such as door locks freaking out trunk release just goin off then it's not the bcm if you do the relearn feature and it works the it is also not the Ecm. so you are left with the 3 wires that run from the bcm to the passlock sensor.odds are the passlock sensor is bad. now there are two solutions either go to the dealer and have the sensor replaced or bypass the system for good. any respectable mobile electonics installer should be able to do this no problem it takes me about 20 mins and i personally charge 40 dollars to do so hope this helps also if you are mechanically inclined in electronics i can send a diagram on how to bypass it yourself hope this all helps

Please send me how to bypass passlock . I post my key and replaced ignition but it won't reprogram and I can get it to start but it dies after a few seconds. The security light keeps flashing. It does stop but won't start with key. I can make it start at relay but it dies after 5 seconds. Please help

Windsor August 30th, 2023 8:10 PM

Can u send me the instructions PLEASE

Cshaw46 May 5th, 2024 7:02 PM

Diagram request for Chevy impala 2016 please

• I'm requesting the diagram you said was available to bypass the immobilizer (3 wire bypass from the bcm)