Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Impala (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/impala-14/)
-   -   GM Impala just shut down!!!! 😭😭😭😭 (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/impala-14/gm-impala-just-shut-down-77323/)

Anr1985 March 22nd, 2016 6:45 PM

GM Impala just shut down!!!! 😭😭😭😭

currently sitting on the side of the road with my 3 year old daughter. Service Traction control Light came on, the engine power reduced, then something about disabling a throttle sensor... My car shut COMPLETELY down, leaving me to coast across 4 lanes of traffic on interstate 94 (with a locked steering wheel) I've owned this 2008 Impala for just about a year... I don't know WHAT to do... I pressed my OnStar button and I'm waiting on a tow truck but... WHAT NOW!?! Is there a "recall" for this problem? What is the problem?

I don't even feel comfortable driving my car anymore... This is a death trap!

Chevrolet Customer Service March 24th, 2016 2:53 PM

Originally Posted by Anr1985 (Post 318755)
currently sitting on the side of the road with my 3 year old daughter. Service Traction control Light came on, the engine power reduced, then something about disabling a throttle sensor... My car shut COMPLETELY down, leaving me to coast across 4 lanes of traffic on interstate 94 (with a locked steering wheel) I've owned this 2008 Impala for just about a year... I don't know WHAT to do... I pressed my OnStar button and I'm waiting on a tow truck but... WHAT NOW!?! Is there a "recall" for this problem? What is the problem?

Anr1985,

I regret to hear this and apologize for any inconvenience caused. Please know that your safety is top priority to GM.
I would be more than happy to check my system for any open recalls associated with your VIN. If you would like to proceed, please send a private message with your VIN and current mileage. Feel free to include any questions or concerns that you may have. We are always happy to help.

Cecil J.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Scott Brewer March 26th, 2016 9:28 PM

Originally Posted by Anr1985 (Post 318755)

Did you ever figure out what was wrong with the car im having the same issues

tech2 March 27th, 2016 9:43 AM

wondering if the drive by wire throttle system has a fault. this is what usually sets reduced engine power messages in the dic display. if could need a new throttle body/tps sensor.

This should not cause the engine to shut down and would not lock the steering. the engine shutting down would cause loss of power steering assist. the steering would only lock by turning the key to off. More information is needed to provide any real help.