Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Impala (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/impala-14/)
-   -   I just bought a 2005 Impala!!!! (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/impala-14/i-just-bought-2005-impala-19905/)

soxfan2546 January 2nd, 2009 7:21 PM

I just bought a 2005 Impala!!!!

I just turned 16 and i just bought a 2005 impala! and i have a few questions....

i want to kind of trick it out a bit... i will probably tint the windows and I really want different hubcaps with it. Does anyone have any suggestions on cheap hubcaps? (the car is red)

Is there anything else you could do to it to make it look cooler?

mightydog4805 January 2nd, 2009 10:52 PM

RE: I just bought a 2005 Impala!!!!

get the SS spoiler.. its what i have and its sick

slackster January 3rd, 2009 9:13 AM

you could put actual rims on it instead of hubcaps, put a sick stereo system in it, i am currently installing 4 kicker comp C10 they are 300 w a piece, you could put a body kit on it, and work on the engine bay with upgrading parts to make it look better. there is alot of things you can do to it, just look around on websites and check out cardomain.com people have tricked impalas out on there

MalibuMaxxSS January 3rd, 2009 11:28 AM

ORIGINAL: slackster

you could put actual rims on it instead of hubcaps,

[:@] no ****.....hubcaps?.....spinners I suppose?.....just buy soem nice 18s and get a body kit like the SS, the SS Impalas look hot me thinks.....

soxfan2546 January 3rd, 2009 12:09 PM

ORIGINAL: slackster

put a sick stereo system in it, i am currently installing 4 kicker comp C10 they are 300 w a piece,
I definately want to put new speakers in it cuz mine crackle a lot... but i dont have that much money because i spent it all on the car... and I have no idea about what size or what brands are good... What would be a good sound system to put in it that wouldnt cost too much?

slackster January 4th, 2009 1:49 PM

for subs it all kind of depends they have a huge variety and different price range, and they say depends on what you listen to, like rock or heavy metal they say tens are the best and then 15+ is more for listening to rap. you just have to do some looking around and see what you like and what you want to put in it.

HotSauce6226 January 7th, 2009 8:22 PM

You need to check you factory speakers before you go out and buy any. Match the ohm rating or your volume will be cut in half

rbarrios January 8th, 2009 12:37 PM

dont go overboard....
Ive seen some impalas get body kits and stuff- and they look silly.
keep the car respectable looking. minor mods. nice stereo- but dont go overboard.

mmanter January 8th, 2009 4:17 PM

Suggestions for cheap hubcaps? Don't go with cheap hubcaps. They are cheap for a reason. They easily break or fly off the car, and tend to look kinda cheesy. You might want to look around the net to find some pics of Impalas that were modded & see what you like.

Bottom line is that it's your decision & only yours as to what you do to it.

soxfan2546 January 8th, 2009 6:15 PM

alright thanks for all your help