Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Impala (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/impala-14/)
-   -   Side Blind Zone Monitoring system not functioning (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/impala-14/side-blind-zone-monitoring-system-not-functioning-73400/)

geddiesburg3d June 30th, 2015 2:59 PM

Side Blind Zone Monitoring system not functioning

Hey All,

I have a 2014 Impala 2LT with an issue. My passenger side blind zone monitor isn't functioning and has been this way for months. It's been back to the dealership several times but there are no errors present, so they can't warranty.

I've receiver 2 warnings through the DIC but that was several weeks back - and there are no codes saved in the system. Wondering if any of you have run into this issue? The left side works fine, the right side however doesn't function.

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Impala-Blue-2. June 30th, 2015 10:21 PM

Find another dealer, if all their mechanics can do is wait for a code to pop up even while they know that the system is not working, they are not good mechanics.

geddiesburg3d June 30th, 2015 10:39 PM

Hey so this is apparently GM's warranty instruction. If it isn't presenting a code then the system is functioning as expected (even though it isn't). It has to code out before a repair is to be done.

Impala-Blue-2. June 30th, 2015 11:15 PM

I am sorry, but that is nonsense, if the thing wont work, and they have verified that, then they need to get help from Chevrolet Technical Assistance or start replacing parts until they find which is causing the issue. It is either a module or the mirror assembly itself. It is possible that there is a bad LED in the mirror assembly in which case it may be working but just not lighting up. This will never set a code and you will wait forever. I would not settle for their reasoning and demand that something be done about it. The computer can not detect every conceivable problem that may arise, it can only look at problems that it is programmed to see. In all my years working at dealers and at GM as an Engineer, I have never heard of such a warranty instruction.

kadwah January 25th, 2016 11:00 AM

Blind Spot Warning System

This just happened with my 2014 Impala 2LTZ. It started out where I noticed the passenger side indicator on the mirror was blinking continually and then it went out completely. The drivers side continued to work until today and I received a message on my display telling me to service the side detection system. I am bringing it in to my dealer tomorrow.

I have also received a few messages telling me to service the front camera. I don't use the front crash warning system so I have just disregarded that message. Are all of the warning systems connected?

Chevrolet Customer Service January 26th, 2016 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by kadwah (Post 315455)
This just happened with my 2014 Impala 2LTZ. It started out where I noticed the passenger side indicator on the mirror was blinking continually and then it went out completely. The drivers side continued to work until today and I received a message on my display telling me to service the side detection system. I am bringing it in to my dealer tomorrow.

I have also received a few messages telling me to service the front camera. I don't use the front crash warning system so I have just disregarded that message. Are all of the warning systems connected?

Hi Kadwah,

Very sorry for this unexpected concern with your vehicle. We are happy to hear that you were going to bring this to the dealership's attention. How did this go? Are you in need of any additional assistance? If you should need any, feel free to send us a private message. We would be happy to look into anything further on your behalf. We look forward to your updates!

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care

kadwah January 26th, 2016 1:57 PM

Blind Spot Warning Not Functioning

Thank you, I did receive a call this morning and I am disappointed to find out the fix will cost me $450 with parts and labor. I am just 1,000 miles over my initial factory warranty at 37,000 miles and disappointed the system has already failed and needed a replacement. I do love my vehicle, however, and am anxious to have it up and running at 100% once the parts are delivered and installed.

Chevrolet Customer Service January 27th, 2016 9:21 AM

Originally Posted by kadwah (Post 315528)
Thank you, I did receive a call this morning and I am disappointed to find out the fix will cost me $450 with parts and labor. I am just 1,000 miles over my initial factory warranty at 37,000 miles and disappointed the system has already failed and needed a replacement. I do love my vehicle, however, and am anxious to have it up and running at 100% once the parts are delivered and installed.

Hi Kadwah,

You're very welcome!

We apologize for the outcome, but I'm happy to hear everything is getting addressed with the dealership. I can definitely understand how unexpected and frustrating this may seem, but I'm happy to hear that you love your vehicle. I will continue to document this further, but if you should need any assistance in the future, you know who to reach out to :).

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care

2014impala2ltz February 17th, 2016 4:30 AM

yes i have the same kinds of problems in my 2014 impala ltz, the car has a number of problems, including stalling, lack of power, transmission lag, and awful mpg, if im lucky 15 mpg. And go figure it never throws a code so they cant fix it....what a awful situation to spend so much money, as i own mine out right for 32 thousand, and have so many issues, and know way to fix the problems because the car doesnt record it. what a smart car, lol its a bad joke........I now hate chevy/gm

2014impala2ltz February 17th, 2016 5:10 AM

im sorry to say but ive yet to have one time of my car doing something that clearly should have been recorded or threw a code and took it into a dealership and have them actually be competent enough to figure out what the problem is or find a code or do really anything about it other than trying to convince me that it must be my imagination or something i've done to get the results i've explained, mine has been in over 15 times in the past year, has less than 10 thousand miles on it, and i have so many things different flaws or problems that the car does and none have yet to throw a code. my 32 thousand dollar pretty, over priced bucket of bolts, crappy 2014 ltz impala, it makes me sick! then to be told it is somehow must my fault or lack of knowing how a car should act or drive cause there is no way the car could do so many things or have so many problems and not record a code! i've drove every new chevy there is by now, (right now i have a 2015 camaro rental, that drives and acts fine, nothing like mine, not that its the same car, but any car should shift correctly and not feel held back sometimes, and not other times) and i'm hear to tell you its not the way all the new cars are, or the way i drive, or any one of the many other excuses chevy's tried to convince me of, its my car/lemon, and chevys lack of care to try and help customers that used to be loyal, try and fix or figure out whats wrong with there car. I own a 84 monte carlo ss, i love that car, it was the reason i bought a new chevy, but never again, chevy is the worst, they could care less about fixing the cars that they build and then don't correctly educate the people that the dealerships employee to work on them. the people at the dealerships are technicians not mechanics. they know, just barely how to plug the car in and read a set of instructions on how to fix the car, that's only if it has a code, witch it 99 times out of 100 it wont, or mine never has yet! every chance i get i inform people of what a crappy car i own and chevys absolute lack of care to help fix the cars they build. my first and last new car, it makes me cry sometimes, and then it just makes me mad at what jerks gm/chevy is, i wish there cars did what ours do and let them deal with so many problems that it consumes them, as it has me for the past year i've owned my impala bucket. what a waste of time money and sanity, this cars had more problems then all my prior cars have combined, so so sad!