Notices
The Lounge Go inside for off-topic discussions on cars, videos, racing, and everything else!

A little WIP of my 2000 Express van

Old November 29th, 2010, 7:41 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A little WIP of my 2000 Express van

Hello all, name is Otis. I recently purchased a 2000 Express w/ Cobra conversion. In the works are upgrading the brakes to something that is far more adequate for a heavy beast such as this, 20 maybe 22 inch wheels and a solid paint job. ( I hate all the stripes on vans). Below you will find a pic of the van as it sits, as well as a line drawing WIP that I have been working on. I would love some input on direction on this project. Thanks and enjoy.

Name:  el-buckito.jpg
Views: 284
Size:  67.0 KB
Old December 14th, 2010, 6:49 PM
CF Beginner

Well I decided to see what an Escalade front clip would do for the van, the first is a line drawing witht he clip, then a WIP of it with the clip, and finally a finished poster of the van with the stock grill a smothed bumper and a nice satin black finish with one way vinyl posters on the windows.

Name:  el-buckitocaddy.jpg
Views: 967
Size:  69.1 KB

Name:  hawtdesigns-card.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  72.9 KB
Old December 15th, 2010, 12:18 PM
CF Beginner

myself i would get rid the bumpers n install ground effects kit nice fog lites,paint maybe midnite blue metal flake.dont think i wld go ne bigger than 20"wheel to much wheel not enough tire might not have enough cushion when hit potholes id be careful on that balance
Old December 15th, 2010, 12:26 PM
CF Beginner

Yeah it is scaled out to about a 20 there, think I am going to change the wheels to an 18 and see what that looks like. As far as paint goes, it will be black, white(kinda pearl or vanilla if ya will) or some tint of grey/silver. I may just go all out and wrap the whole thing with design work
Old December 15th, 2010, 6:26 PM
Super Moderator

hey man i was wondering what kinda program you use to create that..i have been wanting to give it a shot and doing some rendering of my own... thanks in advance
Old December 15th, 2010, 6:53 PM
CF Beginner

Photoshop and a pen tablet. I just use the tools in the exact way I would in a mixed media drawing. I have three wild daughters and the paper drawings were not lasting around my house so I started drawing digital.
Old August 31st, 2011, 8:51 AM
CF Beginner

wow looks pretty cool you have a talent lol