Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Malibu (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/malibu-15/)
-   -   2012 (4cyl) Malibu transmission problem! (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/malibu-15/2012-4cyl-malibu-transmission-problem-51597/)

FSUchamp31 July 3rd, 2012 10:04 AM

2012 (4cyl) Malibu transmission problem!

I would like to know if anyone is having these issues with their 2012 Malibu? HORRIBLE SHIFTING!! shifting from 1st - 2nd is a hard shift and 2nd - 3rd isn't a whole lot better. When it down shifts while coming to a stop it again shifts hard and sometimes abruptly.

I love the car and the ride itself, but this transmission problem on a brand new car is not going to fly with me. Going from my wife's 2012 Ford Fusion to my 2012 Malibu is like night and day. Fusion has more spunk (4cyl) and the shifting is extremely smooth barely even noticable.

Any suggestions are welcome! I am not very happy about this issue especially with less than 2000 miles on the car. :mad:

Thanks everyone!

Chevrolet Customer Service July 3rd, 2012 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by FSUchamp31 (Post 220278)
I would like to know if anyone is having these issues with their 2012 Malibu? HORRIBLE SHIFTING!! shifting from 1st - 2nd is a hard shift and 2nd - 3rd isn't a whole lot better. When it down shifts while coming to a stop it again shifts hard and sometimes abruptly.

I love the car and the ride itself, but this transmission problem on a brand new car is not going to fly with me. Going from my wife's 2012 Ford Fusion to my 2012 Malibu is like night and day. Fusion has more spunk (4cyl) and the shifting is extremely smooth barely even noticable.

Any suggestions are welcome! I am not very happy about this issue especially with less than 2000 miles on the car. :mad:

Thanks everyone!

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue with your vehicle. Have you had the vehicle inspected yet?

Louis
GM Customer Service

kevinkpk July 3rd, 2012 2:40 PM

Is the thing not under warrenty? Take it to the dealer.

Andy Talenda July 4th, 2012 9:07 AM

I agree with the above post. You should bring the vehicle back to your Chevy dealership at your first available convenience. This will be covered by your powertrain warranty as your under 5 years and 100,000 miles.

wbabor September 17th, 2012 6:10 PM

Trans Problems

Yes,

I have a 2012 Malibu(LS) that is only 5 months old(5,600 miles), and I have the same problems you have with an additional one.

When I am am driving between 35 and 45 MPH and try and accelerate slightly I get lumbering of the engine(almost seems like if you had a manual trans that is in too high of a gear)...this is not only dangerous but seems that the timing on the Torque converter is off or the control module is not working properly or worse..

I thought this might improve..but not getting better.

I am going to make an appointment and hopefully they can take care of..otherwise I will leave a compliant on the NTSB board as a possible defect in the trans....wish me luck...

Chevrolet Customer Service September 20th, 2012 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by wbabor (Post 226946)
Yes,

I have a 2012 Malibu(LS) that is only 5 months old(5,600 miles), and I have the same problems you have with an additional one.

When I am am driving between 35 and 45 MPH and try and accelerate slightly I get lumbering of the engine(almost seems like if you had a manual trans that is in too high of a gear)...this is not only dangerous but seems that the timing on the Torque converter is off or the control module is not working properly or worse..

I thought this might improve..but not getting better.

I am going to make an appointment and hopefully they can take care of..otherwise I will leave a compliant on the NTSB board as a possible defect in the trans....wish me luck...

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if !mso]><object classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui></object> <style> st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> wbabor,

I'm sorry you are experiencing these issues with your Malibu vehicle. Please keep us posted of the results of your dealer visit.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me privately.

Louis
GM Customer Service

aprilkd October 3rd, 2012 1:06 PM

transmission problem

I have a 2010 Chevy Malibu thats shifting hard around the 2nd or 3rd gear. It don't do it all the time, but if I mash it like I'm getting on the interstate or something, it will do it. It's back at the dealership again. The 1st time they reprogram the computer. I got it back, it was still doing the same thing. Now they are saying it's not doing it with them. Yeah, I'm upset because I just purchased this car 2 weeks ago :mad:. Do anybody have any advice?

Chevrolet Customer Service October 5th, 2012 1:10 PM

aprilkd,

We hope that all goes well with your dealership visit! Keep us posted, and if you would like any additional assistance feel free to contact us privately either via private message on the forum or email.

Sarah (Assisting Louis), Chevrolet Customer Service

PortsmouthChevrolet October 5th, 2012 2:07 PM

Yes, bring it to the dealer. They will definitely be able to help.

sushstewart14 October 8th, 2012 1:33 PM

Same issue here. Brought it to dealer and they acted like I was nuts or something. Waiting for gm customer service to call me back today about the issue. Looks like the only way to get something figured out is to get gm involved. My first chevy i ever owned (avalanche) was a nightmare, so going from that mess to a BRAND NEW CAR with tranny issues won't fly with me.