Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

2016 Chevy Malibu - Official

Search this Thread

Old April 1st, 2015, 12:08 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 Chevy Malibu - Official

From the article:
The 2016 Malibu goes on sale in the fourth quarter of 2015. Additional vehicle highlights:
• Available segment-exclusive OnStar 4G LTE in-vehicle connectivity as well as available wireless phone charging
• Agile, sophisticated and sleek exterior design incorporates sophisticated details that advance Chevrolet's signature cues
• Standard preventive safety technologies include 10 standard air bags, with available features such as Forward Collision Alert and Rear Cross Traffic Alert. Automatic Parking Assist is also available
• All-new Teen Driver feature, which allows parents to view their kids' driving statistics, such as maximum speed, warning alerts and more
• All-new, power-dense Ecotec 1.5L turbo engine with fuel-saving stop/start technology is standard, offering a GM-estimated 160 hp (119 kW)
• High-output 2.0L turbo with GM-estimated 250 hp (186 kW) is available and is mated with a new eight-speed automatic transmission.

6 pictures and press release

Old April 1st, 2015, 5:27 PM
CF Beginner

Here's own on writeup on the new Malibu and the Hybrid, which GM is claiming 47mpg combined with.

2016 Chevrolet Malibu: Finally the Car We Deserve - ChevroletForum

New 2016 Chevy Malibu Hybrid Projected to Make 47 MPG Combined - ChevroletForum

Thanks for looking!
Old April 2nd, 2015, 11:13 AM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So it's come to this - a mid size-impala clone. same with cruze - but in mini-impala form.

small/medium/large. no real distinction.
Old January 27th, 2016, 12:30 PM
CF Junior Member

Smile purchased new malibu

lt1 so quiet,cant hear engine running 4 turbo,been getting 28 in town and39 on the road.Like car so far bumperking
Old February 16th, 2016, 9:46 PM
CF Junior Member

What motor do u have. I Just bought a ls Malibu with 1.5 turbo.
Old March 8th, 2016, 7:55 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up New Bu

Just got my 2LZ Premier on 2-29-16. First tank of gas shows 25.1 on the DIC which I think is great since you have to drive "erratically" for the first 500 miles of break-in. I think I have 300+ miles on this first tank. Probably get gas tomorrow.

Was going to get another Buick Verano Turbo Premium, but changed my mind when I saw the Premier model. Hope that the Malibu is as trouble free and reliable as the 2013 Verano was.

So far, the ONLY thing that really ticked me off is the owner's manual came in a ZIP LOCK BAG! My Verano manual came in a nice, black cloth case. The Malibu was $4,000 more than the Verano and I get a ZIP LOCK BAG! I wrote to Chevy, but all they did was thank me for expressing my concern and said they would send it to the correct department! Yea, right. I'm sure that email was deleted. My 2004 Chevy Aveo LS came with a ZIP LOCK BAG, but I could see that on that car, but NOT the Premier Malibu! Guess the bean counters at GM are doing everything to cut corners so they can pay all the claims for the ignition switch debacle!

I found this place to order a cloth manual pouch-Search | Factory OEM Parts

Last edited by fastdriver; March 17th, 2016 at 6:58 PM.
Old March 17th, 2016, 8:03 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default A few things

I got my black cloth owner's manual pouch yesterday here:Search | Factory OEM Parts since Chevy couldn't afford to put one in my $36,010 2LZ Premier. It's perfect. The ZIP LOCK BAG just wasn't doing it for me.

Also, I saved my trunk cargo net from my previous GM cars, but couldn't figure out HOW to install it in the Malibu. Then, the other day, a friend came over with his 2013 Cadillac XTS. When he opened his trunk, I solved my problem. On the Cadillac, the cargo net is NOTHING like the large cargo net I used in my previous Malibu, Cruze and Verano. The Cadillac cargo net is probably just as long as my net, BUT it's only about 5 inches from top to bottom and hooks on to the two rings in the trunk like the Malibu has. Not quite sure what you could put in there- maybe a towel or a chamois, but certainly not any grocery bags. Not sure why the GM decision makers went with a cargo net like that.

No worries. I solved my problem. I was at the Christmas Tree Shop and saw a package of plant clips for a $1.00. I used 2 of those clips on my cargo net and hooked them on the trunk rods since there is no other place in the trunk to hook them. It worked perfectly and does not interfere with the opening/closing of the trunk.

Hope this helps any new Malibu owners. I now have 546 miles on my car and I'm on my 2nd tank of gas. STILL learning all the things it does! The first time that red warning light and alarm sounded, it scared the crap out of me because I hadn't read about that yet. I guess I was coming up on a car in front of me a little too fast and it went off! I have not tried the parallel parking thing yet. That little "holder" right under the armrest is also a cordless phone charger. Only problem for me, my iPhone 6 plus is too big to fit in there. CORRECTION- I had to take the cover off of my iPhone 6 Plus yesterday. Today, while driving, I tried it again in that little bin near the armrest and my phone FIT! Then, some symbols lit up on the screen. Not sure what they meant because I didn't read that section yet in the manual. Happy to know that it fits. You can also use that holder for the key fob if your fob battery should go dead. There are directions on how to insert it so that you can start the car until you get a new battery for the remote.

Last edited by fastdriver; April 5th, 2016 at 11:07 PM.