Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

Experience?

Search this Thread

Old March 11th, 2010, 10:01 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Experience?

Hey there, does anyone have any experience driving a 2007 Malibu? and what does the LS stand for?
Old March 12th, 2010, 11:21 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The '07 Malibu was the last year of the previous generation of Malibu's, built from '04 to '07.

It was a decent car, much better than the generation before it (Malibu Classic) but had some issues that are enough to keep it from being considered a great used car value.

As far as actually driving one, they are well mannered enough for day to day driving, but tend not to like being pushed. The interior is relatively quiet and comfortable. The LS came standard with a 4 cyl, which I think is too small for a car this size.

I would highly recommend an '08 or '09 Malibu, which are of the current generation, if you are in the market for a car in this price range and size.

LS is a trim level designation that Chevrolet uses for it's entry level vehicles. LT is the middle of the line, and LTZ was top of the line in the '07 Malibu. In the LS, for example, you couldn't get leather seats/interior trim, while in the LT it was optional, and standard in the LTZ.

There was also an SS (Super Sport) version with a supercharged engine, heavy duty suspension, larger wheels and tires, etc.
Old July 28th, 2011, 7:57 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '07 Malibu LS

....Ok, I've checked several sites and get various answers for Malibu's "LS". Some say it means "Luxury sedan", "Limited Sport", "Luxury Sport", etc. It is the base model with 2.2L engine. The "LT" offers a V6 and leather seats as an option.

My '07 now has 90,000 and has been vitually trouble free....except for the brakes. Rotors (and pads) turned or replaced for third time, and needs to be done again soon. I drive it pretty hard and it still gets 30 mpg freeway/24 around town.