Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Malibu (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/malibu-15/)
-   -   Malibu Maxx- CD Stuck in Player (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/malibu-15/malibu-maxx-cd-stuck-player-48215/)

sscanlan January 29th, 2012 11:48 AM

Malibu Maxx- CD Stuck in Player

Can someone tell me what the best way is to remove a cd that's stuck in the factory player in my 2006 Malibu Maxx? I'd rather not tear the whole dash apart, if possible (I don't have a warm place to attempt this until spring gets here).

Thanks,
Steve

Chevrolet Customer Service January 30th, 2012 5:47 PM

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> sscanlan,

I'm sorry to hear of the problem with your CD player in your Malibu Maxx.

Please try this: Press the eject button on the CD player. Turn the power off, then on again, then press the eject button on the CD player. Do not attempt to force or remove the disc from the player.

If the problem persists, return to your GM dealer for further assistance. If the radio displays an error message, write it down and provide it to your dealer when reporting the problem.

If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact me.

Louis
GM Customer Service

scorpion48 February 8th, 2012 8:13 PM

had same problem

I couldn't figure out any way to get it out and I'm guessing the dealer couldn't either cause they replaced the radio and I never did get the CD back.

2004MaxxLT February 12th, 2012 12:39 AM

I've had it happen a few times on my '04 Maxx with the 6 disk changer. I just kept hitting eject and eventually it came out. Took a few days.

tech2 February 12th, 2012 9:23 AM

The dealer ships the cd player back to York Electronics who will remove the disc. The disc should be returned to the dealer for you to pick up.

jshanematthews February 28th, 2012 5:01 PM

try pulling th fuse for the radio my 05 malibu ls dose it alot