Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

Minor issues with my 2006 Malibu LT

Search this Thread

Old September 22nd, 2011, 5:26 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Minor issues with my 2006 Malibu LT

I have 2 questions regarding my 2006 Malibu LT.

1. My interior headlamp's "auto mode" doesn't work but I can manually turn it on and off fine. I can't figure out what would cause this, it's not the door sensor what could it be?

2. Second, I have had constant problems with my keyless entry remotes for the past 2 years. Sometimes the remote start won't work, locking the car hardly ever works but the trunk and unlock buttons always seemed to work until recently. I get the "key fob batt low" error, but I just recently changed the batteries on both remotes so I assume it has something to do with the sensor? How should I go about pin pointing the problem.

Thanks for any help ahead of time
Old September 22nd, 2011, 5:49 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by JasonXXXXXX
I have 2 questions regarding my 2006 Malibu LT.

1. My interior headlamp's "auto mode" doesn't work but I can manually turn it on and off fine. I can't figure out what would cause this, it's not the door sensor what could it be?
Is this the daylite running lites, is the car used? If so where they disabled?
2. Second, I have had constant problems with my keyless entry remotes for the past 2 years. Sometimes the remote start won't work, locking the car hardly ever works but the trunk and unlock buttons always seemed to work until recently. I get the "key fob batt low" error, but I just recently changed the batteries on both remotes so I assume it has something to do with the sensor? How should I go about pin pointing the problem.

Thanks for any help ahead of time
Change the batteries again, you could hyave gotten bad ones.
Old January 25th, 2012, 5:26 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For the remote, Buy a new rubber for it from eBay! It really helps. I had the same problem..