Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

no heat

Search this Thread

Old November 27th, 2006, 9:21 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no heat

well the engine swap went good all done and its running fine buti cant get no heat and the engine overheats rather fast. thermastat stuck shut maybe,air lock ,im not sure how to burp it . 97 malibu 3.1. i heard it gurgle once. any ideas. thanks.
Old November 28th, 2006, 1:10 AM
CF Pro Member

Default RE: no heat

Pop out the thermostat and run it to see if overheats. Is the water pump good ??
Old November 28th, 2006, 9:31 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: no heat

well i got heat now i just kept adding cooliant and turning the heat on for a bit then off for a bit then after 10 mins there was heat. im still concerned about the temp i sits at just above half way,i think thats to high. my little metro 1.3 sit hot at just above half but thats normal for them.
can anyone tell me whats normal for the malibu 3.1(97). also i now have a clunking in the drivers front wheel area,mostly when i hit the brakes and sometimes when turning slow i dont think its the axle. the brake light is on too (abs&park). man this car seems to be developing a lot of problems,whats next i wonder. thanks.