Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   New Member Welcome Area (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/new-member-welcome-area-4/)
-   -   Hello! New member, Oklahoma (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/new-member-welcome-area-4/hello-new-member-oklahoma-38830/)

Jacotenente January 2nd, 2011 10:48 AM

Hello! New member, Oklahoma

Hello - I just took delivery of my new Silverado a few days ago. 10 years ago I had a S-10 ZR2 and loved it. I should have never sold it. Now, I went full tilt on the new truck. It is a Blue Granite LTZ 4x4 ext cab with NAV. I don't plan on taking it off road that much, but, like the opportunity if needed. I got it with 3.42 gearing...so pulling won't be a problem in the future. It has the Z71 off road package. The ride is very stiff (way too stiff)...I need some help with picking some softer shocks...any suggestions? I am active duty Air Force with 19 years in. Thank you. - Chris (Moore, OK)

elen88 January 4th, 2011 1:04 AM

Welcome and congrats for the new truck.I hope you are having a good time here.

Jacotenente January 4th, 2011 1:17 PM

Thanks. This is a great forum. I already got a response on my other thread for softer shocks advice. I just had the windows tinted and tires "flopped" around (the white lettering is on the inside now). They spin balanced after flopping and everything is zeroed out and true now. I will try and figure out how to post a picture on this forum.

1baddblazer January 5th, 2011 5:50 PM

Welcome to the forum bud, my uncle retired from the air force a few years ago....

heidy12 January 15th, 2011 5:27 AM

hi,,....

Jacotenente January 16th, 2011 4:21 AM

Originally Posted by heidy12 (Post 169554)
hi,,....

Thanks. Are you in Oklahoma? I just ordered chrome pieces for the new Silverado...mirror covers, door handles, fuel lid, and tailgate handle. I will post a pic soon.

staggerlee August 25th, 2012 3:46 PM

I know this is an old post, but if you would have gotten the diesel you wouldn't need that rear gear.
I got 3:73 in ours for better mileage and pull a 32 1/2 fifth wheel with it, no problem.
We are from Choctaw, just up the road from you.
Not that much mudding going on at Draper Lake any longer.
I never did it anyway.

Thanks for your service,
Lee

TRUCKDIVA August 28th, 2012 2:46 PM

welcome to the forum! If there are any accessories that you are looking to add to your vehicle just pm me.

kevinkpk August 28th, 2012 4:11 PM

Originally Posted by Jacotenente (Post 167910)
Hello - I just took delivery of my new Silverado a few days ago. 10 years ago I had a S-10 ZR2 and loved it. I should have never sold it. Now, I went full tilt on the new truck. It is a Blue Granite LTZ 4x4 ext cab with NAV. I don't plan on taking it off road that much, but, like the opportunity if needed. I got it with 3.42 gearing...so pulling won't be a problem in the future. It has the Z71 off road package. The ride is very stiff (way too stiff)...I need some help with picking some softer shocks...any suggestions? I am active duty Air Force with 19 years in. Thank you. - Chris (Moore, OK)

I guess you are at Tinker AFB. There may be a Hesselbliens tire shop in OKC that (I'd suggest) install air shocks.

JT1138 August 28th, 2012 6:03 PM

Nice to see there are a decent amount of Oklahoman's here.