New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

Mouse smell coming from the vents on a 2016 Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ

Search this Thread

Old September 9th, 2017, 5:53 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mouse smell coming from the vents on a 2016 Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ

We have a 2016 Tahoe LTZ, The vehicle has aprox. 13,000 miles on it. We were gone for 3-4 days last week. Its my wife's vehicle, last Thursday she noticed that dead mouse smell coming from the A/C vents. I found out how to get to the cabin filter, I changed it, the smell was still there, I found a little bit of nest, trapped in the old filter. My question is, does the dash have to be pulled out to get rid of the smell, or can I get to the smell w/o tearing apart the dash? Any ideas?
Old September 9th, 2017, 8:46 PM
Super Moderator

Received 511 Likes on 471 Posts

is the blower motor making noise on high speed....if no, i doubt the mouse made it past the cabin filter. If yes, drop the blower motor and have a look.

go to an auto parts store and get a smoke bomb...its a deodorizer spray that is applied into the vents...close the doors and leave it overnight...it will clear up everything.
Old September 9th, 2017, 9:05 PM
CF Veteran

Received 224 Likes on 198 Posts

Ahhh, I love the smell of dead mouse in the morning!
Old September 10th, 2017, 8:48 AM
Super Moderator

Received 511 Likes on 471 Posts

the worst automobiles smells...

1-coworker broke a milk container in the fold down seat area of her suv...didn't get it all cleaned out...mix in "thyme" and hot sun= barf.

2- a bat hit my antenna mast, fell onto the windshield and rolled down onto the fresh air cowl at the base of the windshield. Its was late at night/dark so i was unaware of where the bat ended up. The car sat in the hot sun over the weekend...started it up on Monday and turned on the a/c. As soon as I got a whiff, i remembered the bat...found it and put it in my roomates air cowl.