New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

New member, and new to chevy!

Search this Thread

Old September 25th, 2017, 6:00 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member, and new to chevy!

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forums as I just got my first (or not)chevy, and I figure there are probably plenty of posts with all the information I need, and if I can't find it I'll be in the right place to ask!

I've been around hot rods since I was born, my father has a radical custom 37 ford panel truck with a gm 350 crate engine, and there's never been a sweeter sound to me than a 350.
Unfortunately, the closest I have had to a 350, was a 305 I had in a monte carlo that was never really road going, but I have recently picked up a 95 astro with a good sounding engine I want to pull out of the rusty van to use in something else.

I might end up putting it back into another astro van, or maybe something else, but I figure a decent running 4300 and trans will be a good start for quite a few bad motor chevys I've seen for sale.

I'm definitely far from a mechanic, but I have done almost everything on my 90 miata including an engine swap, albeit a tiny engine swap, and the astro doesn't look like it will be too much more difficult, but I'm sure it will still be a hassle to do.

Glad to be on the forums, and hopefully be a regular chevy driver sometime in the near future!
PowerSet