Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   New Member Welcome Area (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/new-member-welcome-area-4/)
-   -   New from Montana (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/new-member-welcome-area-4/new-montana-22914/)

Jimmeh May 14th, 2009 3:50 PM

New from Montana

12 Attachment(s)
Hi everybody. My name is James, and I'm from hyuck town, MT. I just got a 2005 Silverado about 2 weeks ago, and already love it. It has 37K miles on it (have already put 1K on it, and that's just from work), and I have already done a couple of small things to it, and already have stuff planned for it (even doing some this weekend!).

I have been a Ford guy for my entire life, but after owning a Dodge for a year as my DD/work truck, I figured it was time to finally get a newer truck with low miles and quit throwing money into a DD that wasn't going to last. I test drove 11 trucks, most of them had power options, all had low miles, all were pretty cool, but the Chevy blew me away. I didn't want all that fancy crap for a truck that would be used for work, and I didn't want to have to worry about something breaking later on. That, and out of all the trucks I drove, this one had the lowest miles, the best price, and IMO, felt the best to drive.

Being a Ford guy (still got my trusty Ranger, even though she has a bad motor), I have been on quite a few forums, so I know that it is customary to share at least one picture in an intro thread, or you get flamed :). Well, not to worry, cause I am a photo whore:

The night I brought it home:
Attachment 14982
Attachment 14983
Attachment 14984

Some of the only trouble spots I could find:
Attachment 14985
Attachment 14986

Bug guard removed:
Attachment 14987

Lower valance removed, and the truck washed:
Attachment 14988
Attachment 14989
Attachment 14990

The top of the center console I am building, which will replace the middle seat in the truck.
Attachment 14991
I'll be making this slide on the top, and have a HUGE storage space below, a couple of cup holders and all that good stuff:

And, being a noobie to these trucks, I got just one question. My friend has an 01 or 02 Tahoe (can't remember which), and recently got a bumper built for it, which meant his grille guard was left at my house. Well, now that I got the truck, I am wondering if it is possible that it may work on my truck? Here is a picture of it:

Attachment 14992

I had him look at it (as he installed the grille guard on his rig), and he said that all the mounting points are the same on mine too, but will the bar on it cover up the lighting output on mine?

Here is a picture of his Tahoe, too.

Attachment 14993

If it fits, that will be going on either this weekend or next weekend. I also am getting an intake from my buddy, but not sure when I can get it.

Anyway, this site seems good, so thanks for having me.

suzuki-guy May 14th, 2009 3:57 PM

Beautiful truck Welcome! Were glad to have you here

mudmaniac May 14th, 2009 4:01 PM

Welcome to the forum James, you make quite the intro.

Mike Sigmond May 14th, 2009 4:06 PM

Welcome to the Forum James! Glad to have ya, Truck looks great, thanks for sharing the pics!

EvansBlue May 14th, 2009 8:50 PM

Oh wow. Very nice. Welcome to the forum!

Gwampa May 15th, 2009 10:51 PM

Welcome to the forum James. Where you live is one of the most beautiful places on this planet. Did some work in MT (near where Custer bought it) and fell in love with the scenery and people there. Your Chevy fits right in. Some of those pics you took would have done GM proud in '05 advertising too.

Mike Sigmond May 16th, 2009 1:30 AM

Those are good pictures, Its giving me some ideas for snapping a few of mine, Its cool, It looks like its my trucks little brother and I dont mean that in a mine's better than yours way, you get much better MPG than I do;)

northey87 May 16th, 2009 10:30 AM

Welcome!!!

Jimmeh May 16th, 2009 4:10 PM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Mike Sigmond (Post 96967)
Those are good pictures, Its giving me some ideas for snapping a few of mine, Its cool, It looks like its my trucks little brother and I dont mean that in a mine's better than yours way, you get much better MPG than I do;)

Haha, no worries, man. Your truck is the big brother, and better cause it's a 3/4 ton.

Before I got my Chevy, I looked at 11 trucks total of all current truck brands (Nissan, Toyota, Dodge, Ford, Chevy). I looked at a couple of Ford 3/4 tons, and I just couldn't get myself to get that big of a truck. I really only need a half ton, I just didn't want another regular cab.

For those interested, this is what I upgraded from:

Attachment 14979
Attachment 14980

I really do miss that Dodge, because I put a lot of love into it. As you can see, though, it wasn't pretty, and it needed a lot more love, and probably even more after that. For me, it was better to just upgrade into something I just had to make payments on for now then to dump money into something that just was going to nickle and dime me.

Besides, that's what I got this beauty for:

Attachment 14981

To nickel and dime me, I mean. ;)