New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

Search this Thread

Old December 8th, 2016, 2:53 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Newbie

Hello everyone I'm wolf1967. Can someone point me in right direction. Having trans problems with 4l80e and really don't know where to look.
Old December 9th, 2016, 1:43 AM
CF Monarch

Received 362 Likes on 343 Posts

What kind of problems are you having? Be more specific. Think about going to a good transmission shop.
Old December 9th, 2016, 3:09 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Welcome to the forum, we are glad to have you as a part of our community. Hopefully, we can steer you in the right direction no matter what you choose, or don't choose, to do! Give us details and photos when you can.
Old December 9th, 2016, 12:01 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4l80e trans issue

Originally Posted by oldchevy
What kind of problems are you having? Be more specific. Think about going to a good transmission shop.
Ok 99 chevy 3500 dually 7.4, 4l80e. I have rebuilt the trans 3 months ago and the other day it was hard pulling in forward, like the brakes where locking up but in reverse it pulls normal, am getting a whine from the converter. I did replace the pump and torque converter when rebuilt to me it sounds like i need to replace just the converter but wanted some advice before i did. Thank you for replying back also.