News, Concepts, SEMA Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Chevrolet. (This is not a tech section.)

Volt

Search this Thread

Old April 3rd, 2008, 9:19 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Volt

I have to say, the car I am most looking forward to is the Chevy Volt. I'd read a lot about it and seen some pictures, but when I saw a full-scale model at the Vancouver International Show, I was wow. That said, there is a little plexiglass (?) lining at the bottom of the windows that looks kind of odd. I just love the idea of being able to load an old-school muscle car sound or a sleak Ferrari sound for everyone to hear. And the fuel economy alone - even with the gas engine running - is enough to make me start saving. I know the release date isn't scheduled until 2010 - anyone know if / when it will be made available in Canada?
Old April 3rd, 2008, 1:55 PM
CF Monarch

Received 27 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Volt

I'm pretty sure it will be availible in Canada.
Old April 4th, 2008, 3:36 PM
Former Moderator
Honorably Retired Member of Staff

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

It looks like a Mazda CX-9 with a chop top, or a wannabe 350Z. lol
Old September 10th, 2008, 9:07 PM
Banned

Its good, I just don't feel the chopped top look. I don't know I just think it makes the car look 'I don't know.' lol

Old September 17th, 2008, 5:48 AM
CF Beginner

Chevy has released the NEW VOLT.....I, as well as others am not impressed with the final design. Where is the aggressive, rakish look of the concept. I miss the C-pillar and the fender flares. http://www.chevrolet.com/electriccar/
To me the side and rear look like a Prius copy-cat.
Old September 17th, 2008, 11:25 AM
CF Beginner

I liked the concept car a little better.. It looked a lot cooler!
Old November 22nd, 2008, 9:17 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was promised a 2dr electric sports car with 20" rims, I wanted to pay $30-40k for it... where the hell is it?

I'm not buying one now, I'll just go grab an Accord...

it WAS so hot looking, now its a 4dr sedan so sad... why couldn't they make BOTH? the sports car would most likely have a higher profit margin...
Old November 23rd, 2008, 12:53 PM
CF Junior Member

ORIGINAL: SabrToothSqrl

I was promised a 2dr electric sports car with 20" rims, I wanted to pay $30-40k for it... where the hell is it?

I'm not buying one now, I'll just go grab an Accord...

it WAS so hot looking, now its a 4dr sedan so sad... why couldn't they make BOTH? the sports car would most likely have a higher profit margin...
I liked the concept better too but I saw it in the flesh. Give it a chance. Sometimes pictures don't do things justice.
Old December 29th, 2008, 8:07 PM
CF Beginner

the front end looks sweet, good job chevy!

butttt the back end and window line is very unattractive in my opinion. they went with that mercedes and saab hatch back look on the rear and you wonder why that car doesn't sell and why you barely see it on the road anymore.

if they were smart they would redesign the rear end so it looks like a slick sedan and not like an electric car. electric cars sell when they look like normal cars because some people don't want that image and label, they just want the car and to save money on gas. sorry to say it but ford nailed the escape hybrid because the only way really to tell its a hybrid is the vent in the back driver side window and the badge on the car, and the fact that its really quiet

i pray chevy keeps that sweet new front end style and changes the window line which looks off from the side and kills that hatch back big butt design. if they keep it that way then i pray for a rear end body kit so it can be changed asap to save the sales of it.

thats all i have to say about it
Old December 30th, 2008, 8:32 AM
CF Monarch

Received 27 Likes on 9 Posts

I have to agree with you there. The rear-end looks like a early 90's CRX or a Prius... take your pick.[/align][/align]I guess thats your stereotypical eco-fairy design. [/align][/align]

Quick Reply: Volt