North Eastern ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT, NJ, NY, PA

Need help

Search this Thread

Old December 27th, 2017, 2:19 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help

I have a 2001 Chevy Silverado LT Z71 V8 vortex 5.3 .
Went to work then went to auto zone and purchased a new belt, sparkplugs/wires,then a tenter pulley . Drove home everything was okay , changed all the parts I purchased , made sure everything was snuggled and fitted. Went to the store to get some fuel . Distance maybe 4 miles. So I was headed back home then it started spitting and spattering then the motor died all my gauges was still on my lights where on well the oil pressure wasn't on because the motor has died but the gauge that was going crazy was my water temperature, first it was normal then it bottomed out in the red for a couple seconds then jumped over and bottomed out to cold , this happened twice then I pulled over making sure everything was still on made sure there was water and it was full checked my positive and negative cable made sure they where cleaned and tight then I started again . It started fine ran okay so I started my way back home then it did the same exact thing put it in neutral turned it over started my way again got into the driveway and died . I need help because I have no idea what it could be.
Old December 27th, 2017, 7:42 AM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

is the belt routed correctly...maybe its spinning the water pump pulley backwards

any loose connections on the spark plug boots?