North Eastern ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT, NJ, NY, PA

Stabilitrak, starting, idling, issues

Search this Thread

Old February 2nd, 2020, 8:02 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stabilitrak, starting, idling, issues

I have. 14' equinox. My car was showing a stabiltrek code with starting, idling issues. Codes for crankshaft, camshaft, timing variable solenoids, and throttle were all coming up. Replaced those. Fixed stalling starting issue for a short time. Took it back for loud engine noise. My timing chain was off two teeth. So a kit was ordered and replaced. Engine is not loud engine light went off. Within 24 hrs. My car had starting issues, strange idling issue. We've had limp mode come on due to this. This problem is sporadic. Anytime the stabilitrak message comes up my car does not want to start. It might die this multiple days in a row or maybe once a week.

I've taken it to a mechanic and spent $2,000. It's going back Thursday again. Do you have any advice. It has 103,000 miles. Regular oil change, kept up with. Is it throttle body? Wire issue, my computer? Egr valve? The engine light is back on and throwing all the same original codes I mentioned at the begining.
Old February 3rd, 2020, 3:36 AM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by Natasha Lennex
I have. 14' equinox. My car was showing a stabiltrek code with starting, idling issues. Codes for crankshaft, camshaft, timing variable solenoids, and throttle were all coming up. Replaced those. Fixed stalling starting issue for a short time. Took it back for loud engine noise. My timing chain was off two teeth. So a kit was ordered and replaced. Engine is not loud engine light went off. Within 24 hrs. My car had starting issues, strange idling issue. We've had limp mode come on due to this. This problem is sporadic. Anytime the stabilitrak message comes up my car does not want to start. It might die this multiple days in a row or maybe once a week.

I've taken it to a mechanic and spent $2,000. It's going back Thursday again. Do you have any advice. It has 103,000 miles. Regular oil change, kept up with. Is it throttle body? Wire issue, my computer? Egr valve? The engine light is back on and throwing all the same original codes I mentioned at the begining.
Probably the ECM is bad.
The following users liked this post:
Natasha Lennex (February 18th, 2020)
Old February 18th, 2020, 7:32 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is the ECM a expensive repair or require for a computer to recalibrate it the the system to work properly.