Northwest WA, OR, AK

Dealership service screwed me? Help me make it right…

Search this Thread

Old June 21st, 2013, 5:00 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealership service screwed me? Help me make it right…

1995K2500 Suburban 7.4/454

Is this my own fault or am I getting screwed?

Short story: Radiator fittings for trans fluid and oil are now leaking – do they all need locktite, Teflon or something similar? The new transmission has a brass fitting, that receives the transmission steel line fitting – it’s leaking from the fitting to the steel line, I see something that looks like locktite on the brass fitting going into the radiator, but no the steel transmission line going into the brass fitting. What can I use.

Long story: I think I should have done this myself. My original quote for brake booster hose replacement and AC recharge had a comma added to it because an oil cooler line "was stripped" and had shavings in the oil when they took it off. One new radiator and other misc parts later, it's leaking from a different place. I took down the details, a good recommendation from another user suggested that the dealership reviews this forum and if I ever want to take it there again, I'll think twice about posting any specifics. Great world we live in. If anyone knows what I can do except tighten everything down this weekend, much appreciated.

Last edited by rook13pdx; June 21st, 2013 at 8:09 PM. Reason: recommendation from someone seeing this
Old June 22nd, 2013, 11:44 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

rook13pdx,

I am sorry you are having this experience. I would like to look further into this for you. Were you working with a GM dealership? Can you please private message us your name, VIN, mileage, address, and the name of the dealership you working with? Look forward to speaking with you soon.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old June 22nd, 2013, 12:48 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PM sent. Really, at this point, I just want some details about the radiator install so that I can go over every step, every component and literally each nut and bold myself.

I have seen that the oil cooler lines should have 0-rings, but I haven't found that this is true for the transmission lines, as they are flared. What have folks done if they leak? The radiator and brass fitting is new, and like I state above look to have locktite. Are you all putting locktite or something else on the line into the brass fitting? I've seen a couple posts talk about getting an 0-ring and Teflon for the trans fitting anyway, and that this has solved the problem. I would think that the Teflon would burn out under the heat.

Anyway, any info much appreciated.

Thanks,