Paint, Body, & Interior Getting resprayed? Want to discuss body modifications? What about your carpeting and upholstery? This is the place for it!

'09 Tahoe....police wheels or skins? Pics

Search this Thread

Old May 4th, 2011, 9:18 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

Alright, are you guys freakin' serious? I'm seriously getting tired of the PMs from idiots that have NOT READ THE THREAD. NO I WILL NOT SELL YOU MY WHEELS. NO I WILL NOT SELL YOU MY CENTER CAPS. NO I WILL NOT TRADE YOU YOUR WHEELS FOR MINE. NO I DO NOT KNOW WHERE TO FIND THESE WHEELS OR CENTER CAPS.

This is a county owned POLICE CAR. That means that I DRIVE it, I do not OWN it. Even if you offered me an '07 Tahoe complete for JUST my wheels, I couldn't do it. I DON'T OWN THE TRUCK OR THE WHEELS.

Holy crap, let it go. Why would you want to look like a police car anyway?
Old January 19th, 2012, 1:32 AM
CF Beginner

Default Rims vs Skins

Honestly, you should leave the black police package rims on the Tahoe. They look MUCH better. You won't be fooling anyone into thinking it is a civilian model (unless they are a complete idiot) just with some plastic wheel skins. The lowered ride height compared to civilian Tahoes is always a dead giveaway (again, if you're not a complete idiot). To me, and please take no offense, this is about as lame as the ghetto idiots that buy retired police package Crown Vics, black out the windows, throw an antenna on the rear deck, and think they look like LE...
Old January 19th, 2012, 6:34 AM
CF Beginner

Thumbs up

See, that's where you're wrong. I've been driving this thing now for two years, mostly with the skins in place, and I can't tell you how many people say "That's a police car? Really?" For us car guys, we see the missing emblems and lowered stance and immediately know something's up, but your average public is too oblivious. I've been running just the black wheels now for about a month and people STILL have no idea it's a police car and breeze by like I'm standing still. It's amazing how non observant some folks are, but guys like you and I take our car knowledge for granted.

Welcome to the board, by the way.