Paint, Body, & Interior Getting resprayed? Want to discuss body modifications? What about your carpeting and upholstery? This is the place for it!

How can I remove the front and rear bowtie on my 07 Tahoe?

Search this Thread

Old August 11th, 2011, 12:17 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question How can I remove the front and rear bowtie on my 07 Tahoe?

hey peeps need some help. I was wondering how to remove the front and rear bowtie emblems on my 07 Tahoe. Also how do you remove the middle brake light in the rear?
Thanks in advance for your help!
Old November 10th, 2011, 7:25 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone got ideas - I'm curious too!
Old November 11th, 2011, 8:41 AM
CF Active Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Let's break this into three parts....

Front Bowtie
First off, you're going to need the right tools to get to the backside of the grill. On the 07-11 Burbs the bumper cover and grill are all one piece but there are six bolts across the top that you need to take out and you'll need a ratchet wrench and a 10mm socket.
Name:  10mmSocket.jpg
Views: 1461
Size:  54.7 KB
Name:  GrillBolts.jpg
Views: 1391
Size:  41.6 KB

After that you can get your hand to the back side of the grill. The first thing I did was take out the original gold bowtie emblem. You will use the same 10mm socket and wrench to take off the retaining nuts on the backside of the grill. There are two threaded studs that just screw into the rear of the billet emblem and then the nuts just screw onto the back of the grill just like the original retaining nuts did. The threaded studs and nuts are supplied with the emblem.

Just the new emblem installed and pic of the old and new bowtie side by side...
Name:  BowtieOrigNew.jpg
Views: 1567
Size:  72.9 KB
Name:  BowtieInstalled.jpg
Views: 1502
Size:  139.9 KB

Rear Bowtie
Get a heat gun and fishing line (or a new plastic spackle tool). You'll want to apply heat evenly across the emblem and get behind it with either one of those two items or other similar tools. The emblem is held on by adhesive and has two guide pins. Work the fishing line (or spackle tool) slowly in conjunction with the heat gun. It took me 10 minutes to get the emblem off mine. Once it's off you'll be left with adhesive and 2 guide holes in that rear applique. Get a 3M adhesive eraser wheel (can be found at any auto parts store) and that adhesive will come right off. There are many routes you can take to solve the 2 guides holes that are there. If you have questions about that feel free to ask.

Third Brake Light
There are four screws to remove the entire assembly. Here's an illustration
Name:  DSCN0902a.jpg
Views: 1546
Size:  54.7 KB