Paint, Body, & Interior Getting resprayed? Want to discuss body modifications? What about your carpeting and upholstery? This is the place for it!

Repairing Corner Cabs

Search this Thread

Old April 20th, 2010, 8:58 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Repairing Corner Cabs

Hey Everyone..I have a 91 Chevy silverado 1500..Its a rust bucket to say the Least.Both front fenders Are rusted,Beyond Repair *getting new ones at the Junkyard*Also the Truck Bed is To Badly Rusted,Mainly around the Wheel Well's Well i wanna fix this Truck up and make it look super Nice..*Note*I am a Full Time Painter*So I will be Doing all of that Painting of my truck.But when it comes to the Body Work like With this you got me.Now dont get me Wrong.I can Sand,Bondo,ect but Repairing Big holes?You got me..Anyone both Rear Corner Cabs are REALLY bust and there are BIG holes in the Body..Anyone got a DIY to repair them or make any suggestions?Now remember I wanna to fix the Truck up So i need to put something in there Sheet metal or whatever Then use Body filler to make it look like it was NEVER there..So anyone Help or suggestions On fixing Corner Cabs?Pictures/Video would be nice!Please speak
Old June 28th, 2010, 9:08 PM
CF Beginner

Im totally hearin you man! Im doin the same thing, check mine out! Probably not as bad as yours though. You can buy replacement cab corner you will just have to search for them, there are many different types! You would need to cut the old ones out and get ones that you can weld in or like I am getting where you just "stick" them in I guess. Basically I guess its like a "sticker" really sticky new stuff so not real sure but will let you know when I do it...
Old July 12th, 2010, 10:01 PM
CF Beginner

I am having the same problems with my 91, but I went online to LMCtrucks to get all of my replacement parts. Actually I have found that the replacement parts are made of a thicker gauge steel than the original parts which I think is great.
Old July 12th, 2010, 11:01 PM
CF Veteran

Talking rot

well it sounds like you got your work cut out ,your going to have to take the bed off and be good enough with a mig or oxy acetylene torch to weld the panels .left and right hand tin snips ,air compressor and air grinders,get the repair panels ,slowly cut the old steel out to were you can get a good lap joint to weld to and have fun .i am just finishing up with the rocker on my 85 s-10 just a few pics
Attached Thumbnails Repairing Corner Cabs-img_0379.jpg   Repairing Corner Cabs-img_0400.jpg   Repairing Corner Cabs-img_0401.jpg   Repairing Corner Cabs-img_0403.jpg   Repairing Corner Cabs-img_0411.jpg