Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Paint, Body, & Interior (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/paint-body-interior-39/)
-   -   water spots (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/paint-body-interior-39/water-spots-13563/)

ehhget February 18th, 2008 4:35 PM

water spots

I took a class on detailing and you can spend days on your carif you do everything they say but one thing they suggested has really helped me out.
When you are done spraying the soap off your car, remove the spray nozzle and run a slow trickle over the entire outside. You will be amazed how all the water beads just trickle away and run off. It helps prevent water spotting and makes drying much easier.

EvansBlue February 18th, 2008 4:45 PM

RE: water spots

Good point.You can also usean ionizing filter on your well/tap you won't have to worry about water spots much at all. I dry mine to keep all water spots off, but you can't dry the whole thing fast enough to prevent all water spots, so I use a filter.

chevy=fun February 18th, 2008 11:05 PM

This might sound a little off center but i used a leaf blower to dry my car off and it leaves it spotless. It even gets in all the crevices and does a good job. All has there own views on things and that is what i do.

cams 98 silverado February 18th, 2008 11:30 PM

i do teh same thing with teh leaf blower... well i tried... but godi felt so stupid... it was used for leaves prior an when i go to turn it on... dust an poopie alike blow at my sexy clean truck... so baby got washed again... i bought a chamois towel or 8 of them and that will help me too... i tried it last week... but where i live(illinois) it was 20 degrees... and i hand washed my truck and even thouh it came out sexy... the towels froze too much for my liking... and so did the watert to the truck lol... yeah... i hate salt on my truck. its green not white damn it.

ehhget February 19th, 2008 1:25 PM

Leaf blowers???OMG you guys are funny!!
The best way I have found was once you run the drip, pull into your garage or shade and I use a chamois along with my air line to blow the excess off and I never end up with a water spot.

EvansBlue February 19th, 2008 1:53 PM

When I wash my car its a 3-hour event. and I do it every week. Wash, dry, wipe down to make sure everything is dry, go over with nanospray, wipe down again, clay bar rough spots and go back over the place with wax. Then its interior time, (only dointeriorevery 2 weeks)clean out, Vac, wipe down every suface, wipe protectant on every surface, use rubber eraser to get dirt from grooves and to get rid of shoemarks, clean windows, wash floor mats, soak any stains with oxy magic and carpet cleaner,

ehhget February 19th, 2008 4:48 PM

Euro - Wow you are a whackjob! jk. I used to spend that type of time too and then I had a kid- now once a month for 2hrs rushing!!! Thats on my truck and I try to fit my cars in if I have time- usually not:(
How do you like that clay bar?

EvansBlue February 19th, 2008 6:12 PM

Did I mention that I polish all the chrome?? LOL

I've known I was a wackjob for about two years now! I wipe down my car twice a day in pollen season.

Clay bar is worth more than what you pay. I saved myself a lot of time and money by clay barring instead of traditionally buffing.

fireman526 February 21st, 2008 11:58 PM

Brent, what is a rubber eraser and where can you get one?

EvansBlue February 23rd, 2008 2:57 PM

Anywhere pencils are sold :D