OLD - PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

For Sale: 1991 Caprice Classic, One-Owner, Only 52K Original Miles -- Tons of Photos

Search this Thread

Old July 3rd, 2015, 1:19 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1991 Caprice Classic, One-Owner, Only 52K Original Miles -- Tons of Photos

PRICE REDUCED!

Up for sale is a fully-loaded, 1991 Chevrolet Caprice Classic. The car is in great condition. It has its complete service history well-documented, has only ever been owned by one person, has always been driven regularly (never sat un-driven for years like most examples with low mileage), and has less than 52,600 original miles! Asking Price is $3500. All reasonable offers will be considered.

The forum only allows me to upload 5 photos here, so please visit the following link to view the full album of over 100 recently taken photos:

https://goo.gl/photos/78xdZTis8vVmLa396

In addition to a decent amount of documentation such as the original dealer invoice, and various receipts and maintenance records, the previous owner kept a hand-written log book of every thing that was ever done to the vehicle, complete with the date and mileage at the time of completion. These records are so comprehensive, that they literally include every single refueling throughout the lifetime of the vehicle!

The vehicle is equipped with the 5.0L V8 and automatic transmission that it came with from the factory, and it starts, runs, and drives excellently. The car has always been garaged, and cared for dearly. It has no documented accidents on the its history report. The car leaves no puddles of any kind in the garage where it is parked. The tires that are currently on the car all match, and still have plenty of tread on them. The accessory belt was replaced in 2007, just before the 50,000 mile mark. The vehicle has a trickle charger installed in the nose of the engine bay to keep the battery charged (the previous owner installed it because at his age, sometimes it would be a week or two between drives, and he didn't want to have to worry about the battery dying).

Having always been garaged, the car still proudly wears its original Burgundy colored paint, and overall is in excellent shape for its age. The vehicle's interior came equipped with every option available from the factory - power locks, power windows, body-color-corresponding leather, tilting/telescoping steering wheel, illuminated vanity mirrors, full size spare, etc. (see below for more details) - and is an absolute time-machine, showing very little wear whatsoever and looking almost new.

There are a couple imperfections overall, which I will list to best of my ability here:
- the factory radio is currently not working; if I get a chance I may pull it out and fix it before the time of sale, but right now, I do not know what is wrong with it
- the **** on the end of the parking brake lever is broken; the parking brake still functions normally, but the **** is slightly smaller than it was originally due to the piece that broke off; I have included a photograph of this
- there is a small dent in the passenger side door, just below where the mirror attaches from when an adjacent vehicle was backing out of a parking space and struck the Caprice's passenger mirror with their driver side mirror (this was a fairly common issue with the earlier cars; thats why later ones have break-away mirrors mounted higher up, at the window). This is the most serious accident in the history of the car, and it was so insignificant that it was never repaired, so never got reported (as far as I know)
- there is a bit of surface rust starting to develop on the lower, rear, driver's side quarter panel, just behind the rear wheel; it does not look like it is beyond repair, but the owner covered it in a fine layer of grease to slow down further corrosion; I have several detailed photographs of this below
- there is some visible surface rust on the frame rails and fuel tank straps, but it all seems to be purely surface based, as everything still feels perfectly solid
- there are also a few very minor spots of general wear and tear that is to be expected on a 24 year old car that has been driven regularly, but in the interest of complete honesty, I wanted to disclose them anyway; these include a few small rock chips in the hood, and a few scrapes on the rear bumper from what appears to be very light contact; I took over a hundred photos of the car for this sale, so hopefully you will be able to see everything clearly.

The forum only allows me to upload 5 photos here, so once again, please visit the following link to view the full album of over 100 recently taken photos:

https://goo.gl/photos/78xdZTis8vVmLa396

*Also, please note that all of the various stickers that can be seen in the windows of the car in the photos have since been carefully removed and the glass has been thoroughly cleaned*

***This vehicle was loved all its life, and cared for dearly by one owner. The reason it is being sold is that unfortunately, its owner passed away recently, and his wife is not comfortable driving such a large vehicle. This vehicle is being sold by the previous owner's family members, and we would like to see it go to a new owner that will love it and take care of it the way its first owner has. That is why I have chosen to list it on the Chevrolet forums first, before putting it up on more general listings; I am hoping to find a fellow enthusiast who will appreciate the near time-capsule-like condition of this car, and give it the new home it deserves***

The car is being sold in Orchard Park, NY 14127, in as-is condition. The buyer is responsible for retrieving the vehicle upon completion of the sale, and/or arranging shipment of the vehicle if desired. Due to the excellent overall condition of the car, and the exceptionally low mileage, the asking price is $5500, but all serious offers will be considered.

If interested, please call or text Jake at 716-697-0929
Attached Thumbnails 1991 Caprice Classic, One-Owner, Only 52K Original Miles  --  Tons of Photos-img_7236.jpg   1991 Caprice Classic, One-Owner, Only 52K Original Miles  --  Tons of Photos-img_7235.jpg   1991 Caprice Classic, One-Owner, Only 52K Original Miles  --  Tons of Photos-img_7231.jpg   1991 Caprice Classic, One-Owner, Only 52K Original Miles  --  Tons of Photos-img_7345.jpg   1991 Caprice Classic, One-Owner, Only 52K Original Miles  --  Tons of Photos-img_7324.jpg  

Last edited by 95A90Q; September 29th, 2015 at 5:25 PM. Reason: Price Reduction!!!
Old July 10th, 2015, 4:55 PM
CF Beginner

After receiving over 200 views, but no offers, I have decided to reduce the asking price to a more reasonable $5500.

I was really hoping a fellow enthusiast would snap it up, considering the condition, history, and mileage of the vehicle. The wife of the previous owner of the vehicle is giving me time to try to sell it on the forum, but in a few more days she wants to list the car locally, at which point it will surely sell quickly, and in all likelihood to a non-enthusiast. Make me an offer.

More Photos:

Last edited by 95A90Q; July 10th, 2015 at 5:10 PM. Reason: More Photos Added
Old July 16th, 2015, 1:37 PM
Former Sponsor

GLWS! She's a beaut'
Old September 29th, 2015, 5:30 PM
CF Beginner

Price Reduction Bump!

An original, low-mileage, one-owner vehicle with complete documentation of service history, and less than 53,000 miles!
Old October 8th, 2015, 8:42 AM
CF Beginner

Beautiful car...Wish it was tax time.GLWS