OLD - PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

For Sale: 96 Chevy z71 Off Road 4x4 with plow CT area

Search this Thread

Old February 14th, 2017, 10:54 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 96 Chevy z71 Off Road 4x4 with plow CT area

Hello all,
I'm selling my 1996 Chevy k1500 z71 4x4 single cab step-side with a 7' plow.

It offers a hefty 5.7 liter Vortec engine with an automatic transmission.
For it's age this truck is in great condition, partially due to how meticulous the previous owner was about maintaining it. Paint is all original with minor abrasions on the front passenger side bumper and virtually devoid of rust despite a small development on the inside surface of the rear bumper. The frame has some surface rust (which is to be expected living in New England) but other than that is still in great condition. (The bed is fiberglass and comes with a brand new bed liner and removable leather hydraulic bed cover). Interior is classic GM maroon in fantastic condition, down to the original floormats. (Yeah I said it ORIGINAL floor mats in almost brand new condition). She also sports a set of almost new off road tires and 18' black alloy rims that were on the truck when I purchased it (street tires and original rims are included).

She starts and drives as strong as she did fresh off the factory line with tons of low end HP and loves the elements. 4 wheel drive works like a charm and has been really impressive performance-wise when driving on plowed or unplowed roads. I have yet to use the plow this season (more about that below) and to my knowledge was only used to clear a small parking lot in front of the previous owners business, but the 7 footer is in working condition and has been repainted.

Why am I selling it you ask? Long story short I really really REALLY don't want to but due to work and commuting changes it has become more and more of a hassle to fit plowing into my schedule, which is one of the main reasons I bought it just a few months ago. Sadly it looks like it might be time for us to part ways but I'm willing to let it go for someone who will use and appreciate this beast as much as I did and the owner before me.

Before you buy it right out, there are a couple minor problems. (nobody's perfect)
The drivers side door locks ONLY by locking manually from the outside, not a huge deal. The lock and unlock button applies only to the passenger side door but I'm not confident enough in my wiring skills to really take a shot at it. Parts and mechanisms related to that are relatively cheap and may not even involve electrical work in the first place.
Also, the ABS light turns on occasionally due to the abs sensor in the front passenger side wheel losing it's connection from time to time. I was going to purchase a new ABS sensor recently for about $18 but I just don't have the time to do the replacement myself so it stays. The transmission has never been replaced but shifts perfectly and is extremely tight.

I am asking $5500 for the truck and plow combo. This is my daily driver so mileage will climb slowly. Please call or text at Eight six zero 3389428