OLD - Private 'Wanted' Classifieds Looking for something? Tell us!

search sbc V8-400 6.6 Liters GM or Chevrolet

Search this Thread

Old April 23rd, 2019, 11:20 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default search sbc V8-400 6.6 Liters GM or Chevrolet

Version anglaise plus bas... English version below ...
------------------------------------------------
Bonjour,

je recherche soit un bloc seul, ou short-block, ou un moteur complet mais, en bon état.
Année: 1976 (+/-),
Marque: GMC ou Chevrolet,
Modèle: sbc V8-400, 6.6 Litres, 1 Tonne, 2WD.

Sinon, savez-vous si une autre année des même marques, s'installerait en prenant en compte que la transmission est une THM-400, sans trop de souci ?

J'ai un vieux motorisé 1976 GMC Vandura G35, 2WD, 1Tonne avec un sbc V8-400 cid 6.6 Litres.
C'est le bloc moteur et les pistons qui sont à changer, les têtes, le carburateur et l'intake sont corrects.
Les bearings de deux(2) supports du crink ont virés et rayés le bloc aux niveaux des sièges du bloc et des caps alors, j'aimerais autant que possible ne pas acheter un bloc abimé à ces endroits.
Mon motorisé a de l'âge et beaucoup d'autres réparations intérieur à être effectuer, alors je ne peux me permettre de payer trop cher pour réparer mon moteur.

Merci à l'avance.
--------------------------------
Internet traduction
----------------
Hello,

I search either a single block, or short-block, or a complete engine but, in good condition.
Year: 1976 (+/-),
Brand: GMC or Chevrolet,
Model: sbc V8-400, 6.6 Liters, 1 Ton, 2WD.

Otherwise, do you know if another year of the same brands, would settle taking into account that the transmission is a THM-400, without much concern?

I have an old motorized 1976 GMC Vandura G35, 2WD, 1Tonne with a sbc V8-400 cid 6.6 Liters.
It is the engine block and the pistons that are to change, the heads, the carburetor and the intake are correct.
The bearings of two (2) brackets of the crink transferred and scratched the block to the levels of the block seats and caps then, I would like as much as possible not to buy a damaged block at these places.
My motorized has age and many other interior repairs to be performed, so I can not afford to pay too much to repair my engine.

Thanks in advance.

Old April 23rd, 2019, 8:58 PM
I'm here for the party

Received 71 Likes on 66 Posts

pretty much any small block will work. from 73-86. you can put newer tech into it like a tbi setup from an 87-95. but you have a computer to deal with. if you go with a 350 you can pretty much unbolt your stuff and bolt them to the block. some 400 blocks are known as thin wall and are prone to cracking. with that being said i would op for a 350 and tune it up. i know the prices maybe more for you but here in the states we can buy a new gm crate motor and change cams and be putting out almost 300 hp and 44 ft lbs for around $2000
Old April 30th, 2019, 9:28 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Traduction Anglaise plus bas
------------------------------------------------
Bonjour,

merci Irish_alley pour ton message.

Je sais que le bloc *GM 400 est en fait un bloc *GM 350 qui est cylindré plus gros pour être un 400, ce qui fait de lui un bloc dit à problèmes, problèmes de surchauffes plus probables dû aux parois plus minces, comme tu le dis toi aussi.
*GM ou Chevy, je pense que c'est pareil, si vous avez des éclaircissements à ce sujet, merci de me renseigner, merci.)

Ce que j'ai aussi entendu, c'est qu'il y a trois(3) sortes de vilebrequins possibles en termes de "Journal Crank"; un "Small-Journal Crank", un "Big-Journal Crank" ou un "400 Crank".
Source= (How to rebuild your Small-Block Chevy by David Vizard, page 61)

Avec les mesures dont j'ai pris sur mon vilebrequin, un GM 400, les mesures correspondes au "400 Crank" de la charte du manuel de David Vizard, page 61.

Alors, si j'achète un GM ou un Chevy 350 "Small-Block", pensez-vous que mon vilebrequin de 400 sera installable sur ce 350 ?
N'aura-t'il pas des mesure de "Journals" différentes au point que le vilebrequin ne pourra pas siéger sous le bloc ?
Pourrais-je aussi penser installer les même "connecting-rods", sauf les pistons bien sûr, sur le vilebrequin 400, sous le bloc du 350 ?
Concernant le "Cam-Shaft" de mon GM 400, pourra-t'il être lui aussi installer sur le bloc du 350 ?
Ou devrais-je, tout comme les pistons, êtres tous carrément différents pour êtres adaptables au bloc du 350 ?

Je suis débrouillard, sinon assez à l'aise en mécanique, mais je n'ai jamais eu de cours au professionnel.
Je suis curieux mais prudent, ainsi que patient et minutieux avec le souci de faire pour le mieux sans vouloir faire de grosses modifications, plutôt conserver les conceptions d'origines.
Je me documente énormément, j'ai quatre(4) manuels concernant mon 1976 GM Vandura G35 V8-400 6.6 Litres, trois(3) manuels sur le Carburateur Rochester, un(1) concernant la Transmission THM-400 et finalement un(1) manuel qui concerne le Small-Block Chevy(de David Vizard).
Mon talon d’Achille, c'est l'Anglais.
Je ne suis vraiment pas très bon en Anglais.
J'ai des dictionnaires Français/Anglais, ainsi que le Dictionnaire Anglais/Français de Haynes.
Il y a un membre à la maison qui est bilingue, seulement il n'a pas de connaissances en mécaniques, d'où il y a énormément de termes précis à ce domaine pour bien saisir les manuels.

Mon but est de pouvoir réparer mon vieux motoriser sans pour autant me ruiner.
Ce n'est pas qu'une vannette GM Vandura G35, c'est un motoriser qui est installer dessus, un 23' pieds de long de marque UNIK,
alors je sais pas si un simple "Small-Block 350" fera l'affaire ?
Me coûtera-t'il plus chers d'essence si c'est un 350 comme moteur ?

Je sais que ça fait un tas de questions, j'en suis conscient et j'en remercie beaucoup ceux et celles qui auraient la patiences de m'aider.

Merci d'avance.
---------------------------
traduction internet
-------------------------
Hello,

thank you Irish_alley for your message.

I know that the * GM 400 block is actually a *GM 350 block that is larger than a 400, which makes it a block said to problems, problems of overheating more likely due to thinner walls, like you tell him too.
* GM or Chevy, I think it's the same, if you have any clarification on this, thank you for informing me, thank you.)

What I also heard is that there are three (3) kinds of crankshafts possible in terms of 'Crank Journal'; a 'Small-Journal Crank', a 'Big-Journal Crank' or a '400 Crank'.
Source= (How to rebuild your Small-Block Chevy by David Vizard, page 61)

With the measurements I took on my crankshaft, a GM 400, the measurements correspond to the '400 Crank' of the David Vizard manual's chart, page 61.

So, if I buy a GM or a Chevy 350 'Small-Block', do you think my crankshaft of 400 will be installable on this 350?
Will not there be different 'Journals' so that the crankshaft can not sit under the block?
Can I also think about installing the same 'connecting-rods', except the pistons of course, on the crankshaft 400, under the block of 350?
Regarding the 'Cam-Shaft' of my GM 400, will he be able to also install on the block of 350?
Or should I, just like the pistons, beings all downright different to be adaptable to the block of 350?

I am resourceful, if not comfortable enough in mechanics, but I have never had a professional course.
I am curious but careful, as well as patient and meticulous with the concern to do for the best without wanting to make big modifications, rather to preserve the conceptions of origins.
I'm reading a lot, I have four (4) manuals for my 1976 GM Vandura G35 V8-400 6.6 Liter, three (3) manuals on the Rochester Carburetor, one (1) regarding the THM-400 Transmission and finally one (1) 1) manual which concerns the Small-Block Chevy (by David Vizard).
My Achilles heel is English.
I am really not very good at English.
I have French / English dictionaries, as well as the Haynes English / French dictionary.
There is a member at home who is bilingual, only he does not have mechanical knowledge, from where there are a lot of precise terms to this field to understand the manuals.

My goal is to repair my old engine without ruining myself.
This is not a GM Vandura G35 winnower, it's a motorizer that is installed on it, a 23 'feet long UNIK brand,
so I do not know if a simple 'Small-Block 350' will do the trick?
Will it cost me more gas if it's a 350 engine?

I know it's a lot of questions, I'm aware of it and I thank a lot of people who would have the patience to help me.

Thank you in advance.