S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

2000 Blazer ~ Ran out of Gas ~ Problems

Old July 12th, 2012, 3:50 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I disconnected the battery for several hours. No change. The new pump went in smoothly, the strainer was already connected. I had already put 4 gallons of gas in it when I thought it was out of gas. The gauge is reading almost a 1/4 tank. I am getting fuel to the valve at the back of the intake where the fuel pressure gauge connects.
Old July 15th, 2012, 10:48 AM
CF Beginner

I thought maybe your fuel filter is plugged. If it is plugged,combined with running the tank dry it probably did burn out your pump. Maybe it is so plugged now that even though the pump is working it is'nt getting enough gas>just a thought.
Old July 16th, 2012, 4:38 AM
CF Beginner

I changed the filter before the pump, hoping that would be all it needed, but that wasn't the case. So far now it has new pump, strainer, filter and plugs. I'll play with it some more today to see what I get. Thanks to everyone for the ideals. When I figure out what happened I'll repost.
Old July 25th, 2012, 10:20 AM
CF Beginner

I seem to have everything needed for this thing to run, (Spark, Fuel & Compression) but she still don't want to start. Someone suggested the crankshaft positioning sensor. Is that possible, any way to check it?
Old July 26th, 2012, 5:40 AM
CF Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I dont think so. If any one of those sensors didnt return a signal the PCM would withhold spark control. AND there would also be a code for lack of signal of the problematic sensor in the PCM.
Old July 26th, 2012, 10:43 AM
CF Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

try swapping around the AC relay with the Fuel Pump relay.

other than being sure you have FUEL and SPARK. This thing has that Vortec V6 with the poppet style injectors. They may be clogged since you ran the tank dry. The fuel pump could have sucked up all the sediment in the bottom of the tank. And some of this may have been too small to be captured by the fuel filter on the frame. I mean, you know, you are fuel TO the engine, but is it going INSIDE the engine? You may have to disassemble the upper intake take these poppets out and see if they are pushing fuel out the jet.
Old July 26th, 2012, 12:27 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by JonMount
I seem to have everything needed for this thing to run, (Spark, Fuel & Compression) but she still don't want to start. Someone suggested the crankshaft positioning sensor. Is that possible, any way to check it?
If you have spark, it won't be the cps. I had the 7x cps quit on my 96 lumina, wouldn't start, no code. My son found it will checking the ignition with a probe. Since you have been inside the tank, was there any debris/dirt? How are you testing for spark?
Old July 27th, 2012, 9:46 AM
CF Beginner

I checked spark by pulling one of the wires and placing a plug in it.
Old July 27th, 2012, 10:43 AM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

What color was the arc?
Old July 31st, 2012, 10:57 AM
CF Beginner

The inside of the tank looked good. The spark is blue. (At least on plug #2) Playing with it some more today.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2000 Blazer ~ Ran out of Gas ~ Problems