S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

S10 2.8 engine on airboat, Need help!

Old June 20th, 2018, 7:37 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S10 2.8 engine on airboat, Need help!

I have a 2.8 v6 out of a 1992 s10 pickup, and I built it to put on my airboat. After a few seasons of running it, I think it's time to replace it again. I took the TBI off of it and put an eddlebrock performer intake manifold on it as well as a 4 barrel adapter and a 600 Holley. I know the carb is overkill, but it's all I had at the time. I also put a new timing chain kit on it and gaskets on the top end. It has a habit of overheating on me and there's nothing wrong with the water pump. Also I have thermostat hollowed out so all that's in there is the restrictor plate. I also have an electric fan on it and though I've done all of this it's still overheats. I found a 1988 Buick Regal with a 2.8 under the hood and that one says multi-port injection. What I'm trying to figure out is will my Edelbrock intake manifold fit on that Buick 2.8? Also, is it the same bolt pattern to mount the engine on my engine stand as my S10 motor? I am unsure if these engines are the same because they do not look alike. In the S10 the motor sits right and in this Buick it looks like it's in there sideways. My goal is to use this engine and put my intake and everything on it off of my engine so I can put it on my boat and get back out there. Can anybody out there please help me? I don't really know anything about these..

Search this Thread