S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

Debating whether to fix or sell. Need estimates!

Search this Thread

Old February 22nd, 2008, 12:47 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Debating whether to fix or sell. Need estimates!

I have a 96' Chevy S-10 Ext cab v6. It has about 165,000 miles on it and has a host of problems. I am debating whether I should fix it or sell it.

I would like to do all the work myself to fix it, but need estimates on cost for stuff I can't do myself and part's cost.

Replace transmission: You put it in gear and it barely moves forward when pressing gas.

The AC is dead: Compressor is dead and nees to be replaced.

Starting: The fuel pump was recently replaced, but it still has a problem starting, The only way I can get it to start is to spray some starter fluid into the carberator. Once it start's it runs fine.

Shocks: The shocks are leaking and need to be replaced.

Thanks.
Old March 8th, 2008, 3:52 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Debating whether to fix or sell. Need estimates!

whole new shock set up you can get for fairly cheap around 300 bucks. ac compressors is going to be a bit more, roughly around 5-600. the problem with it starting and slowing creeping foward sounds like a problem with your carb. it probably needs to be rebuilt, especially after 165,000. if you can do that yourself you can find rebuild kits for under 100 bucks. what kind of transmission is in it?