S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

Heater core

Search this Thread

Old October 22nd, 2009, 5:23 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heater core

Put the demister on in the Blazer this morning and windscreen on passenger side (left) steamed up, strong smell of coolant, guess heater core is leaking. Which side of the car is the heater core placed on left hand drive versions as I am trying to find a new core? Right hand drive versions have the core on the left hand side of the car. How difficult a job is it to replace?
Adrian
Old October 22nd, 2009, 11:09 PM
CF Junior Member

First off, Nice LPG conversion, wish I could afford that for mine.
Second, if you open your glove box and remove it, it should be located there.
Your frame and body are the same as the US version, just they flipped the location of the steering shaft and AC System. However, you will need to remove the entire dashboard to resolve your issue, not just the glove box.

I would think that your issue is far worse then just a sweet smell of coolant. More then likey you have coolant on the actuators for the AC system, as well.

I had the same type of smell in mine, plus a higher then normal standing idle. Turned out to be a major fluid leak in the back half of the water jack at the headers and air intake plenum. 3,000 dollars US (4500 Euros) to have the whole thing repaired, and cleaned.

http://www.ehow.com/how_5038726_remo...vy-blazer.html

Hope this helps.
Old October 23rd, 2009, 6:45 AM
CF Active Member

Thanks for the reply Siliconasp.
Also thanks for the link, pic shows heater core where steering column goes on my car, so mine is the other side. Will have to source a core over here as its bound to have different connections but info should help. AC is working perfectly and am only loosing very small amount of coolant so lets hope its not too major. Think I might get somebody experienced to do it for me though. No garage and it's getting colder here.
Adrian