S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

Intermittent starting issues

Search this Thread

Old August 18th, 2017, 2:40 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intermittent starting issues

I own a 94 S10 pickup. It usually starts right up. Then there are the other times when it does not. When it does not start, it usually sounds like it wants to but doesn't. If I let it sit for a while (hours to days) then attempt again it will start. I have replaced the battery, the starter, the fuel filter. The other day it would not start. I tried several times then it did. Any ideas?
Old August 20th, 2017, 5:49 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

You post start, does it always crank? My guess if that's the case, fuel pump is the issue
Old August 20th, 2017, 8:26 PM
CF Beginner

Of all the times it did not start, only once did it not crank. The fuel pump was replaced last spring when the fuel tank was replaced. (I guess I did forget to mention that in the original post, sorry) I wonder if it could possibly be something with the ignition system or some sort of sensor?
Old August 31st, 2017, 8:06 AM
CF Beginner

Would a bad ignition coil cause intermittent problems? Today it started right up then ran rough, lost power, did not want to idle. I started to doubt if I would get home at all.