S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

2002 s10 ABS Problem

Search this Thread

Old March 10th, 2011, 8:59 PM
CeS
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 s10 ABS Problem

Hello,

I recently had an issue where my ABS light came on while I was driving & when I went to stop I could hear the ABS motor clicking/knocking & it seemed like my braking went almost completely away. The light eventually went off & my braking is back to normal now. Has anyone ever had this happen? Does anyone know what it could have been? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Justin
Old March 11th, 2011, 11:45 AM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Are you sure about the sequence of events? The ABS takes itself out of the loop once it lights the warning indicator. What I think happened is, something happened to the signal from the wheel speed sensors that caused the ABS to modulate the brakes, and then the ABS declared a fault. Since things don't usually fix themselves, you probably want to get it checked out (at least, scan for any stored ABS trouble codes).
Old March 11th, 2011, 1:03 PM
CeS
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EinST
Are you sure about the sequence of events? The ABS takes itself out of the loop once it lights the warning indicator. What I think happened is, something happened to the signal from the wheel speed sensors that caused the ABS to modulate the brakes, and then the ABS declared a fault. Since things don't usually fix themselves, you probably want to get it checked out (at least, scan for any stored ABS trouble codes).
I'm not 100% on the sequence of events, I know it began when I went to stop at a stop sign, I was pushing on the brake pedal to stop and I felt it give a little bit & that's when I heard the clicking/knocking. My brother had an OBII sensor that I used but no codes came up, is that the sensor you're talking about?
Old March 11th, 2011, 5:14 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Unless you had subsequently disconnected the battery, there should still be stored C-codes (ABS belongs to Chassis). Either that particular scan tool doesn't support ABS (most of them don't) or there's a separate menu path to the ABS section.