S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

Replaced fuel pump and filter, still won’t start!

Search this Thread

Old June 7th, 2018, 10:09 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replaced fuel pump and filter, still won’t start!

I have a 2001 S10 with a 2.2 flex fuel. Recently my truck stalled out on me and wouldn’t start. It turns over just fine. I tested the relay it’s fine. I replaced the fuel pump and the filter and it still won’t start. I’m lost and very frustrated at this point. Please help!
Old June 7th, 2018, 11:06 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

What gasoline are you using? I know it shows flex fuel, I am not understanding that with a 2001 s-10 unless it is european.
Old June 7th, 2018, 11:10 PM
CF Beginner

Regular gas, that’s just the type of filter it took.
Old June 8th, 2018, 7:26 AM
CF Monarch

Received 336 Likes on 317 Posts

Are you getting spark? You may have an ignition/electrical issue? Spray some fuel into the throttle body, if it runs for a few seconds then it is a gas problem.
Old June 27th, 2018, 7:23 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Tyler Houck
I have a 2001 S10 with a 2.2 flex fuel. Recently my truck stalled out on me and wouldn’t start. It turns over just fine. I tested the relay it’s fine. I replaced the fuel pump and the filter and it still won’t start. I’m lost and very frustrated at this point. Please help!
What about your oil pressure?How much oil pressure do you have at idle?What`s your oil pressure while driving?The reason for asking this is because both oil pressure sending unit/fuel pump work tandomly together.If you have a faulty oil pressure sending unit..Your engine will turn over but won`t start.One more question. Is your Check engine/service engine soon light on?If so check for codes.