S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

tbi to carb 4.3

Search this Thread

Old March 24th, 2019, 6:27 PM
I'm here for the party

Received 71 Likes on 66 Posts

should be tan/white or a gray wire

Old March 24th, 2019, 7:13 PM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by charlie2sods
i will soon be 74, i want an old school truck that I understand and can work on, thats the shortest best answer i can give
I understand. I am old-school in many ways too, and I get that you understand carburetors. Have you considered a Holley two-barrel carb instead of a ford/autolite two-barrel carb? Holley makes great carbs. I should know, as I have overhauled many carbs in the past and I trust the Holley brand. Easy to work on and they are very reliable. This would be what I would choose if I went back to a carbuerated motor in a two barrel version. Comes with a 12 volt electrical choke too:

https://www.holley.com/products/fuel.../parts/0-80350

Either way, good luck on your new project.

Last edited by oilcanhenry; March 24th, 2019 at 7:33 PM.
Old March 24th, 2019, 8:49 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this one has a 12 volt choke, and i got it on there already just not sure about the two vacuum lines, the one in the right rear base 3/8 and the one in front of the choke 3/16, im thinking the small one goes to the distributor and the one in the rear is the pcv but i need to make sure
Old March 24th, 2019, 8:50 PM
CF Junior Member

yes gray at the relay tan at the back, thanks
Old March 24th, 2019, 9:26 PM
CF Monarch

this one has a 12 volt choke, and i got it on there already just not sure about the two vacuum lines, the one in the right rear base 3/8 and the one in front of the choke 3/16, im thinking the small one goes to the distributor and the one in the rear is the pcv but i need to make sure
I think you are correct. The sizes sound correct to me. If you have a vacuum advance distributor then the 3/16" th hose sound right, same with the 3/8" inch for the PCV hose.
Old March 29th, 2019, 6:30 PM
CF Junior Member

i got the pump out of the tank waiting on a pump, carb on, new hei distributor with builting coil, all wired up and ready to try and fire after pump arrives but i have a question for those who know, on the old distributor there was a small plug that went to one side of the distributor, not the one from the coil, it is smaller and i think it has four wires, is there anything in those 4 wires that I need to be concerned with, all the sensors are gone, im not sure about this plug and wires, any help would be appreciated
Old March 29th, 2019, 8:47 PM
CF Monarch

i got the pump out of the tank waiting on a pump, carb on, new hei distributor with builting coil, all wired up and ready to try and fire after pump arrives but i have a question for those who know, on the old distributor there was a small plug that went to one side of the distributor, not the one from the coil, it is smaller and i think it has four wires, is there anything in those 4 wires that I need to be concerned with, all the sensors are gone, im not sure about this plug and wires, any help would be appreciated
This wiring diagram should help you discover which wires you are concerned about:

https://wiringforums.com/chevrolet-h...iring-diagram/
Old April 3rd, 2019, 1:43 PM
CF Junior Member

the vent line from the tank to the purge cannister, and then a line was hooked into the throttle body best as i remember, now that I have a carb on there what should i do with that line, anyone have any ideas, thanks, i got it converted and running just finishing it up. does anyone know what the idle vacuum should be on this engine with a carb, thanks

Last edited by charlie2sods; April 3rd, 2019 at 5:16 PM.
Old April 3rd, 2019, 7:12 PM
CF Monarch

the vent line from the tank to the purge cannister, and then a line was hooked into the throttle body best as i remember, now that I have a carb on there what should i do with that line, anyone have any ideas, thanks, i got it converted and running just finishing it up. does anyone know what the idle vacuum should be on this engine with a carb, thanks
Depends on timing, compression but I'd guess 17-21 pounds of vacuum idle.
Old April 3rd, 2019, 9:06 PM
CF Junior Member

i got 18-20 so i guess its ok, i got a new 2100 motorcraft carb on this 4.3 and it has a little hesitation when you start to open it up, i havent got that figured out , but i got it running, just need to get a hot wire from the switch for the electric fuel pump, and then i will have my old school truck no puter, no sensors.