Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Show Off Central (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/show-off-central-78/)
-   -   2007 sub ltz oil pan gasket (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/show-off-central-78/2007-sub-ltz-oil-pan-gasket-82632/)

Firemanjoek April 10th, 2017 4:52 PM

2007 sub ltz oil pan gasket

Think I'm getting oil past the gasket but can't confirm, it has oil on both sides and rear, none on front, thinking of trying to change my self, medium mechanic abilities, I know I have to drop front drive some then I can get pan out, does anyone have suggestions whether to try my self or spend the $600 for a shop to do? Thanks for any suggestions.

V12TT April 10th, 2017 7:50 PM

If $600 for both sides and rear then I think that's cheap. Sides would be doable but the main rear?

Firemanjoek April 10th, 2017 8:05 PM

Think it's one seal around the engine oil pan

V12TT April 10th, 2017 8:09 PM

Oh. If that's the case then it should be a DIY job. You can use a heat gun blower to help separating the pans

Firemanjoek April 10th, 2017 8:16 PM

I just descovered this possible oil leak yesterday, it's been using more oil than normal lately and this would explain why, just trying to talk myself into attempting this degree of repair on such a newer vehicle, I've gone through just about everything on my jeep but front outer diff deals and any internal engine repair, think I can handle it but looking for some pointers i might need to look for when doing this

tech2 April 10th, 2017 8:18 PM

remove the trans inspection cover plugs and inspect the flex plate torque convertor area. If its dry and clean, the rear main is ok.
to drop the oil pan you must:
remove the cv axle bolts
front driveshaft from the front diff
remove the front diff
remove the oil pan
if you have a 5.3L engine, while the pans down make sure the afm oil deflector shield installed. If the shield has not been installed get one at the dealer and install it before the pan goes back up.
SilveradoSierra.com ? TSB# 10-06-01-008G Engine Oil Consumption Jan 2013 : Vortec 5300 5.3L V8

Firemanjoek April 10th, 2017 8:22 PM

Cv axle bolts-roger/front driveshaft from front diff-roger/remove the front differential-roger, afm oil deflectorshield? Will check on it! Thanks!!!!

Firemanjoek September 22nd, 2017 5:28 PM

Had it fixed

Originally Posted by tech2 (Post 336442)
remove the trans inspection cover plugs and inspect the flex plate torque convertor area. If its dry and clean, the rear main is ok.
to drop the oil pan you must:
remove the cv axle bolts
front driveshaft from the front diff
remove the front diff
remove the oil pan
if you have a 5.3L engine, while the pans down make sure the afm oil deflector shield installed. If the shield has not been installed get one at the dealer and install it before the pan goes back up.
SilveradoSierra.com ? TSB# 10-06-01-008G Engine Oil Consumption Jan 2013 : Vortec 5300 5.3L V8

had to have it done, more than I had time for