Show Off Central Come right in and post pictures of your ride, latest modifications, etc. All makes and models welcome!

What can I do to learn about cars

Search this Thread

Old February 10th, 2017, 5:46 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What can I do to learn about cars

What can I do to learn about cars. I know that personal experience is one of the ways many people have learned best about cars and how they work, but I don't have anyone to teach me. I know the basics about how cars work but I want to know the details about them now. I also want to learn how to tell what different parts will fit in certain cars. I want to be able to look under a hood of car and comfortably know the parts and there functions of how they work and what they do.

any help would be appreciated if you could point me in the right direction.

thank you so much!
Old February 10th, 2017, 6:12 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

buy a service manual for your vehicle and start reading and fixing. Haynes manuals are a start. Automotive textbooks are available from publishers.
autorepairmanual.biz is a good site to check out.
Old February 11th, 2017, 4:09 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check out the other forums on Garage Talk;
add-ons & vehicle mods basically change every year...
forums are a good way to get a mix of old & new info/opinion
Old March 22nd, 2017, 6:45 AM
CF Beginner

Hey,

Thanks for sharing your experience. I want to get info on cars.
Old March 24th, 2017, 5:39 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Larasun
Hey,

Thanks for sharing your experience. I want to get info on cars.
Google & reading
Old September 7th, 2020, 5:23 AM
CF Beginner

<!--td {border: 1px solid #ccc;}br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;}-->I have already faced many issues in this while learning about new car system though and which has a concept of technical issues and same issue raised when I was trying to connect with dissertation structure online service though and you have now explained everything to me according to the requirements.
Old September 7th, 2020, 5:24 AM
CF Beginner

I have already faced many issues in this while learning about new car system though and which has a concept of technical issues and same issue raised when I was trying to connect with dissertation structure online service though and you have now explained everything to me according to the requirements.
Old August 14th, 2022, 1:46 AM
CF Beginner

Nice to know this information.
Old September 17th, 2023, 1:09 PM
CF Beginner

Learning about cars can be an exciting and valuable endeavor. Here are some steps to help you get started:
  1. Read Books and Manuals: Begin with automotive basics. Start by reading beginner-friendly books and car manuals to understand the fundamentals of vehicle components and systems.
  2. Online Resources: The internet is a goldmine of information. Explore automotive websites, forums, and YouTube channels that offer tutorials, reviews, and maintenance tips.
  3. Take a Course: Consider enrolling in a basic automotive course at a local community college essay maker ai or online platform. These courses often cover vehicle maintenance and repair.
  4. Hands-On Experience: Get your hands dirty. Practice basic maintenance tasks like changing oil, rotating tires, or replacing air filters on your own car or with a friend who is knowledgeable.
  5. Visit Auto Shows: Attend auto shows and exhibitions to see various car models up close and learn about the latest automotive technologies.