Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Replacement Keys.

Search this Thread

Old February 4th, 2011, 2:19 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacement Keys.

Has anyone every bought replacement keys from ebay or outside dealer and not from the dealership. Just didn't know if you have to get keys cut by dealer or if the keys have to be cut. Thanks in advance.
Old February 5th, 2011, 9:49 AM
CF Beginner

You can take one of your keys to a walmart with an autocenter or any hardware store that cuts keys and get it cut. Just make sure if it's chipped to get that replacement key chipped too otherwise all you'll be able to do is unlock your doors with the new key.
Old February 5th, 2011, 10:35 AM
CF Beginner

What year are you referring to? I have a 2007 Tahoe and I was wondering on how to go about getting a replacement remote (remote starter version) without getting ripped at the dealership.
Old February 5th, 2011, 9:04 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ace hardware will cut them for free. Got mine off ebay today. Walmart wouldn't cut it, saying machine wouldn't recognize it and some other bull, but Ace did it for free. Programming takes all of 15 seconds. I have an 2009 suburban, keys cost me 10 bucks off ebay and works fine
Old February 6th, 2011, 8:45 AM
CF Active Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by booyaLTZ
What year are you referring to? I have a 2007 Tahoe and I was wondering on how to go about getting a replacement remote (remote starter version) without getting ripped at the dealership.
The original poster is actually looking for a key replacement not a remote (key fob). For you I would try the following site. I found this awhile ago on the internet. I have never ordered from them, but have kept the site bookmarked just in case I need too. Their prices seem to be decent, and you can do all the programming yourself. Of course, as ctccc mentioned - you can always try Ebay.

https://www.ikeyless.com/vehicles/Chevrolet/Tahoe/2007

Last edited by ChevyFreak; February 6th, 2011 at 8:48 AM.
Old February 7th, 2011, 1:40 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by booyaLTZ
I got mine thru ebay and only paid $16 plus shipping. Used but able to program it. save some $$$
Old April 5th, 2013, 2:13 PM
CF Beginner

i picked up a chevy key at ekeyfobs.com . I had it cut for $2 and programmed it myself with the included instructions.
Old April 5th, 2013, 6:13 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by mrstang69
Has anyone every bought replacement keys from ebay or outside dealer and not from the dealership. Just didn't know if you have to get keys cut by dealer or if the keys have to be cut. Thanks in advance.
I got my extra keys from wolfsecurityhardware on Ebay:

Lot of Two 2 GMC Logo Uncut Key Blank | eBay

If you send him a high-resolution photo of your key, he can cut it from the photo for an extra $2. I had both my keys cut this way and they both work perfectly.
Old August 2nd, 2015, 3:12 PM
CF Beginner

Default extra replacement keys

I have not been able to duplicate extra keys for my Suburban - I have already duplicated 8 keys ... is there a limit to how many duplicate keys you can do? Can you reset that limit? Thanks
Old May 22nd, 2016, 3:23 AM
CF Beginner

Cheapest way would be to buy the fob and key from Ebay and have it cut & programed from Crystallake Locksmith. New Key alone from them will probably cost around $100 you could always call them and find out .

Quick Reply: Replacement Keys.