Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

08 Silverado u0102

Old January 7th, 2016, 10:51 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 08 Silverado u0102

Getting an engine light and throwing code u0102 lost connection to transfer case control module. The 4x4 selection dial is no longer lit up showing what I am driving in and I have lost passing gear. It also feels like I have something slip when starting from a complete stop.... Any way to bypass the problem or do I need a new module???
Please help! Need to drive the truck and don't want to risk damage!
Old January 7th, 2016, 1:17 PM
CF Veteran

That's the only code you have? Have you cleared it and it returned? Make sure you have good power and ground to the module and communication circuits before you replace it and it will need programmed if you do.

Having a comm code for the tccm shouldn't effect shifting and usually won't throw a check engine light either.
Old January 7th, 2016, 2:00 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by cleveland63b
That's the only code you have? Have you cleared it and it returned? Make sure you have good power and ground to the module and communication circuits before you replace it and it will need programmed if you do.

Having a comm code for the tccm shouldn't effect shifting and usually won't throw a check engine light either.
It's the only code, cleared it and it returned next time it started. Will check the wires first, not much hope that's it tho.
Old March 23rd, 2019, 11:42 PM
CF Beginner

did you figure this out im having the same issue except my **** is still illuminated but it will only stay in 2wd I checked the ground not exactly how to test all the wireing tho

Search this Thread