Notices
2014 - 2018 (GMT-K2) Section for all discussion related to the 2014 - 2018 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

Display Problems

Old January 10th, 2017, 10:20 AM
CF Beginner

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Display Problems

I have a 2015 Silverado with only 6600 miles and I'm already having issues with the displays. The DIC and 8 inch screens randomly change to a different screen and the 8 inch display periodically freezes and the touch screen doesn't work. Seems the more technology they put in these new vehicles the more there is to break. Since this is a random issue that comes and goes I have a feeling the dealer won't be able to properly diagnose and fix this problem without it failing when I take it in for service. Has anyone else had this experience, and if so was the dealer able to fix it?
Old January 10th, 2017, 3:17 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like a software bug.
Old January 10th, 2017, 7:19 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=hguilford;331943......Seems the more technology they put in these new vehicles the more there is to break......[/QUOTE]

Why is it that this is the common comment about any new things? Have vehicles ever been more reliable and pleasant to own?
Old January 11th, 2017, 10:47 AM
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Duug4
Originally Posted by hguilford
......Seems the more technology they put in these new vehicles the more there is to break......
Why is it that this is the common comment about any new things? Have vehicles ever been more reliable and pleasant to own?
No, but they change things every few years, instead of improving what they already have;
so, we get nothing but problems.

Last edited by Gravydog316; January 12th, 2017 at 7:13 PM.
Old January 12th, 2017, 3:53 PM
CF Beginner

I have a 2015 Silverado with only 6600 miles and I'm already having issues with the displays. The DIC and 8 inch screens randomly change to a different screen and the 8 inch display periodically freezes and the touch screen doesn't work. Seems the more technology they put in these new vehicles the more there is to break. Since this is a random issue that comes and goes I have a feeling the dealer won't be able to properly diagnose and fix this problem without it failing when I take it in for service. Has anyone else had this experience, and if so was the dealer able to fix it?
There is a Tech Bulletin (PIT 5461A)
Old January 13th, 2017, 11:11 AM
CF Beginner

Thanks Sarah and Kenny. There were some updates that the dealer uploaded so hopefully that will fix this problem. There was also a new recall released this month on the 4 wheel drive system that they went ahead and fixed. If you have 4 wheel drive you should expect to receive your recall notice soon.
Old January 13th, 2017, 11:18 AM
CF Beginner

Duug4, this forum is for people to post issues, ask questions and hopefully get some positive responses to help them. What you post serves no purpose whatsoever. I owned a 2008 Silverado that had multiple electronic issues from day one. I had to replace speakers, power door lock actuators, power mirrors and multiple switches. That's reliable and pleasant? If you don't have something useful to post then don't post anything at all.
Old January 17th, 2017, 11:18 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Thanks Sarah and Kenny. There were some updates that the dealer uploaded so hopefully that will fix this problem. There was also a new recall released this month on the 4 wheel drive system that they went ahead and fixed. If you have 4 wheel drive you should expect to receive your recall notice soon.
Hello hguilford,

We're sorry to hear about the Infotainment screen concerns you were experiencing with your Silverado, but we're glad to hear that your dealership has resolved this for you. Please don't hesitate to let us know if the concern returns, or if you should you need any additional assistance at this time.

Chelsea D.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old May 21st, 2017, 1:47 AM
CF Beginner

I have been experiencing the same issues with my screen as well. Also the bluetooth interface is not playing the music from my phones through the car speakers. Been to the dealership twice for the updates but no such luck so far.
Old May 21st, 2017, 4:17 AM
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by nlawrence1
I have been experiencing the same issues with my screen as well. Also the bluetooth interface is not playing the music from my phones through the car speakers. Been to the dealership twice for the updates but no such luck so far.
Technology is replaced before it EVER works right haha
...Ford was/is having lots of problems with their Sync, & they said they have NO idea what causes it

Search this Thread