Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2009 Driver's Heated Seat Bottom - Not so Hot.

Search this Thread

Old March 1st, 2017, 7:38 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2009 Driver's Heated Seat Bottom - Not so Hot.

So... (once again) the heated seat has stopped working... and.. now it's out of warranty. (died in 2011 according to this very forum)!

The Tahoe is my wife's daily driver until her Model 3 arrives, and you'd think not having a heated seat was the end of the world..!

Pressing the bottom button (seat + back) results in NO heat anywhere on the seat.
Pressing the middle button (back) results in a heated back.
Top button seems to work fine for cooled seats.

So... is this the $700 module under the passenger's seat? Is it the $$ switch in the driver's door?
I checked all fuses I could find, even though none say 'seat'. The switch lights up and behaves 'normal'.

Can I plug the passenger side one into it for a test? Although popping the door panels is a hassle...

I guess I should listen for the relay click under the passenger seat when pressing the bottom button.

I'm honestly out of my depth without the tools the dealer has... any ideas before she has to take it in?

Thanks
Old April 27th, 2017, 8:06 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So... What if we hack the wiring? Anyone have the pin out diagrams? I want the middle button on the door (heated seat back) to run the back and bottom heater... so I'd just jump the pin from one to the other at the module under the passenger seat?
Old April 27th, 2017, 8:33 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

for the pin out:
-do you have spo build code?
-hybrid tahoe?

probably have a broken seat heater element...they break over time due to all the flexing a seat cushion endures.

Last edited by tech2; April 27th, 2017 at 8:35 PM.
Old April 27th, 2017, 9:32 PM
CF Veteran

Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

Maybe could unplug the seat connector and do a continuity test to verify Terch's diagnosis