New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

Need Advice

Search this Thread

Old June 21st, 2017, 9:47 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Need Advice

Chevy 1500 Express Van 4.3L engine. I recently had my engine switched with a Jasper Replacement (290,000 plus miles). Continuing problems with Knock sensor code and catalytic converter code.
Is there a possibility that the stock ECM and Jasper Replacement don't like each other. What would be my remedy if this is the case?
Old June 21st, 2017, 2:36 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

I'd replace the knock sensor first.
Old June 21st, 2017, 8:22 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

Originally Posted by jcsm5079
Chevy 1500 Express Van 4.3L engine. I recently had my engine switched with a Jasper Replacement (290,000 plus miles). Continuing problems with Knock sensor code and catalytic converter code.
Is there a possibility that the stock ECM and Jasper Replacement don't like each other. What would be my remedy if this is the case?
why did you replace the engine
with the limited info you provided; what is the knock sensor code...do you have a audible engine knock...was the code there before

cat codes have nothing to do with the engine replacement. if the cat or 02 were bad before the engine replacement...they will still be bad after.