Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

I cannot drop my spare tire from his location under the truck it's jam.

Search this Thread

Old July 4th, 2017, 10:55 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I cannot drop my spare tire from his location under the truck it's jam.

uplander 2007
Spare tire jamed under the truck were it's located
Looks like the guy who sold it to me never use it
thank,s to help me

Last edited by jaygur; July 4th, 2017 at 11:21 PM. Reason: more specification
Old July 6th, 2017, 7:52 PM
CF Active Member

Happened to us as well - You'll actually break the mechanism taking it down. Its actually supposed to be some sort of safety feature but once it rusts it fails. Lower the cable and then pry the tire away from the bottom of the van. It will take a good bit of force but you'll get it. There's a spring up there that you will stretch out once it comes free and you will be unable to put the spare back up there.

Good luck
Old August 29th, 2017, 12:51 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by 442dude
Happened to us as well - You'll actually break the mechanism taking it down. Its actually supposed to be some sort of safety feature but once it rusts it fails. Lower the cable and then pry the tire away from the bottom of the van. It will take a good bit of force but you'll get it. There's a spring up there that you will stretch out once it comes free and you will be unable to put the spare back up there.

Good luck
This is not correct. My owner's manual states that you will need to place the jack under the spare tire to create some upward pressure to release the safety mechanism. The spare can easily be reeled up and down from there.
Old September 23rd, 2017, 2:15 PM
CF Active Member

Good luck if you can get that procedure to work - I read the owner's manual too and tried it - ultimately had to break it to get the tire down.