Camaro This classic Pony Car, the Camaro left the lineup in 2002 and was thought to be gone forever, but is made its long-awaited return in the 2010 model year with a 300 HP V6 and a 426 HP V8 SS

2016 Camaro
Platform: F-Body & Zeta.

2000 camaro engine swap

Search this Thread

Old July 21st, 2017, 10:14 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 camaro engine swap

bought a camaro with a bad v-6 engine. going to drop in a carburated v-8 350 truck engine. i know that i will have to change out the tranny mounts, pulleys, belts, fuel delivery system and probably the driveshaft. am i missing anything else other than some cramming and wedging ?the truck engine is a gm goodwrench replacement for an '86 scottsdale. also not sure if the stock rearend can handle the extra power and the turbo hydromatic 350 ? any guideance or info would be greatly appreciated !
Old July 22nd, 2017, 9:59 AM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Welcome to the forum.
You'll have to change all of the accessory mounts. And don't forget all of the wiring harnesses and radiator hoses. Might need to put in a larger radiator. Ambitious project but doable. Good luck.
Old July 30th, 2017, 10:51 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 73shark
Welcome to the forum.
You'll have to change all of the accessory mounts. And don't forget all of the wiring harnesses and radiator hoses. Might need to put in a larger radiator. Ambitious project but doable. Good luck.
Thanks 73shark for all the info ! I figured it would require a little re-engineering on more than one or two systems ! I just have all these dirt car parts lying around the garage and decided to build a car with them. Found this camaro with a blown up v-6 for $500.00 and thought WHY NOT ? I will post my progress and am positive that I will have all sorts of problems that need help to solve so any future help will be much appreciated ! THANKS AGAIN ! CHEVY ROCKS