Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Quadrasteer Owners?

Old July 20th, 2007, 1:41 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quadrasteer Owners?

Anyone have Quadrasteer? I have done hundreds of searches and can't really find anything bad about it, but all the post seem to be from atleast a couple years back.

I am thinking about getting a 2500 4x4 with quadrasteer with 57000 miles on it. It shifts in and out of 4x4 perfectly, except for the quadrasteer light starts blinking the two wheel steering light and then goes back to 4 wheel steering about 10 seconds later.

Is this normal?

I test drove it all day and really like it. However when I was doing lots of sharp turns in 4wd high it came out of 4 wheel steering twice. I was goingless than10 mph doing numerous hardturns in a culdesac for short periods of time. When it came out it wouldn't go back into 4 wheel steering until I turned the car off and back on.

The truck has tons of electronics,which I wish there were a few less, but there is an available warranty that covers most of them for 4 years unlimited miles.

Anyone with Quadrasteer please let me know what you think about it.
Old July 20th, 2007, 2:57 PM
CF Active Member

Default RE: Quadrasteer Owners?

I just traded a 2003 ---1500 ext cab with quadra steer, on a 2007. We really miss the quadra steer. We loved it and never had a problem with it. I wish I could have it on this truck. We've been driving the new truckfor two months now and still have a problem getting used to the turning dia. I normaly trade trucks every two years, but we liked it so much we kept it four and half. Not sure I did the right thing by trading it in. Only had 30,000 miles on it.
Old July 20th, 2007, 3:25 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks for the help. Did you have four wheel drive? I have been looking for one with less than 50k miles butall the trucksI have tested out before this one was a huge disappointment, none had Quadrasteer. I am sick of looking and this one I am seriously considering, however I am sort of worried about all the electronic bells and whistles going bust.

This one has a strong engine, and the four wheel drive shifts flawlessly. The other 3/4 tons I drove engine's just seemed weak, or had other problems and just ragged out.
Old July 20th, 2007, 9:29 PM
CF Active Member

Yes mine was a 4X4 and worked great. Like I said I'm still not sure I did the right thing. Everyone I talked to that had it said they loved it and never had a problem.
Old July 20th, 2007, 11:06 PM
CF Beginner

Did your's ever come out of four wheelsteer while in four wheel drive? What about sometimes the two wheel steering light would blink whenever I changed into one of the four wheel drives? Then it said to service thequadrasteer, but when I shut the engineoffand onagain it worked anddidn't say that. Does this sound like a problem for major concern?

I really want to get this truck.I took it to a mechanic and had it checked out there was a list of minor things like change air filter, service reardifferential fluid, steering column intermediate, clutches feel like they are grabbing during hard turns, and recheck tie rods in 6 to twelve months. The salesman said they would fix some of them, and the cd player.
Old July 21st, 2007, 5:48 AM
CF Active Member

Actually the only time we ever took it out of quadra steer was when we first got it to show people the difference. I never took it out after that. I can't say about the truck your looking at but I don't remember the light blinking, but to be honest I don't remember watching to see if it did.
Old July 22nd, 2007, 1:28 PM
CF Beginner

Hi...new the forum but I have been pleasantly suprised with my 03 Quadra Steer. I have a 1500 HD w/ 4x and 6.0 I've put almost 55K miles in the less then two years and have had no problem with the Quadra Steer. I've got 85K today andy my only concern is the miles I'm putting on this truck if I should be be looking at a Diesel. I would not hesitate to recommend the Quadra, the turning radius in parking lots is fanominal and towing is a dream.
Old July 23rd, 2007, 1:14 PM
CF Beginner

Hey, Gator, so your's doesn't come out of quadrasteer when doing sharp turns in 4x4?

Every truck I go to look at they all say everything works, but when I get there ofcourse that isn't the case.

The Quadrasteer was working while in 4x4 until I made a sharp turn with wheel turned all the way.

Old July 23rd, 2007, 1:18 PM
CF Beginner

Here is a forum I found.

http://quadrasteerclub.infopop.cc/eve

If the salesman would fix the stuff he said he would I would probably just go ahead and get this truck.
Old June 6th, 2016, 10:34 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 2005 GMC Sierra LT Crew 1500HD 4x4 6.0liter with now 186,000 miles on it and love it. At times, I wish it had a Duramax, but the 6.0 liter gets me 14.5 mpg here in the mountains of Colorado. I don't have plans of selling it as it's just been the best truck I've ever owned.
The following users liked this post:
ShootinSquid99 (August 13th, 2021)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Quadrasteer Owners?