Venture 1997-2005
This minivan from Chevy offers a sporty look as well as all of the modern additons of the minivan market.
Platform: U-Body

1997 Venture Bent Hood Latch Bar

Old October 7th, 2017, 6:37 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1997 Venture Bent Hood Latch Bar

Hello. Just bought a '97 Venture LS. It has several issues, but for the moment I am just concerned with the hood latch. It appears that the bar that is attached to the hood and goes into the latch was closed down on the hood prop and was thereby bent. It is so bent that it does not engage the latch. Can it be bent back straight? Replaced? I could not determine if the bar sets in a piece that can be removed from the hood. I have attached a photo. Thanks for any assistance and I look forward to participating in the forum.
Old October 23rd, 2017, 1:05 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hammer and claw. Beat it back in place. If it breaks - weld a piece of tubing the same diameter in place.
Old October 23rd, 2017, 1:19 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply. The bracket is plastic so i wouldn't weld but the bar could be cut and pulled out of each end of the bracket. Then a stud with some nuts could be put in place. The bar spins in place so I was able to spin it so that the bent part faced down and that has worked for now.

Search this Thread