Tahoe & Suburban DIY and Useful Threads This section is for DIY writeups, FAQs, and other useful threads. If you would like something posted in here, please contact a moderator.

Sensor problem

Old November 23rd, 2017, 10:13 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sensor problem

About two months ago my check engine light came on and my dash board was also giving me a “engine hot a/c turned off” warning. I found through YouTube that it might be my thermostat. I replaced it but still had the problem. I took it to the shop to get a scanner on it. They replaced a coolant sensor and it work for about a couple months. It happened again and replaced it. Lasted two days and replaced it yesterday. Two hours later my warnings are right back on. Obviously they are not getting right. Can anyone tell me what might be the problem?
Old November 24th, 2017, 3:51 PM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by Sweepee129
About two months ago my check engine light came on and my dash board was also giving me a “engine hot a/c turned off” warning. I found through YouTube that it might be my thermostat. I replaced it but still had the problem. I took it to the shop to get a scanner on it. They replaced a coolant sensor and it work for about a couple months. It happened again and replaced it. Lasted two days and replaced it yesterday. Two hours later my warnings are right back on. Obviously they are not getting right. Can anyone tell me what might be the problem?
What year and model do you have? Have you checked your coolant levels lately? You might be low on coolant due to a leak or similar, or you may have a wiring problem.

Search this Thread