Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Service engine Soon/ Stabiltrak Light Reduced Engine Power. 2015 Equinox

Search this Thread

Old January 15th, 2018, 10:39 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Service engine Soon/ Stabiltrak Light Reduced Engine Power. 2015 Equinox

So Last monday all 3 of these came On, Car could not Exceed 40 km/h Went away 3-4 hours later But i took it to dealership today assuming it should be Powertrain if its Service Engine.. Sadly not so Apparently My Accelerator Pedal Is Shorted Internally and its $424 Cad to fix... Lucky me But then i read The Throttle Body which is The Whole Thing was covered Under Power-train But the Individual part is not? or do I have my wires Crossed?
Old January 16th, 2018, 11:19 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Adam A
So Last monday all 3 of these came On, Car could not Exceed 40 km/h Went away 3-4 hours later But i took it to dealership today assuming it should be Powertrain if its Service Engine.. Sadly not so Apparently My Accelerator Pedal Is Shorted Internally and its $424 Cad to fix... Lucky me But then i read The Throttle Body which is The Whole Thing was covered Under Power-train But the Individual part is not? or do I have my wires Crossed?
The throttle body and the accelerator pedal are two separate parts. The throttle body is an actuator that is considered an internal part of the engine which is what the powertrain warranty explicitly says are covered items. The accelerator pedal is a sensor that is not an internal part of the engine, and is therefore not covered.
Old January 16th, 2018, 11:57 AM
CF Veteran

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm guessing there's labor involved, but Rock Auto has the AC Delco part for $70.70 Am. (For the 3.6 V6).